Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Release is less than 2 weeks away. You won’t have to wait for too long.

The KS video overview of the Undead (jump 2 minutes in) makes it sound like a lot of fun to play:

Wendelius

hah! “They have problems in life…well, in death”

Can you make your own party? If so, does anyone recommend against doing so? After watching that video, I thought it might be cool to make an entire undead party, if possible.

You could in the first one, there was a place you could make characters. Since you can play 4 people I assume you can here as well since it would be odd to force 2 people into basically playing NPCs.

Part of the question, is should you, if you could. Meaning, if you could, what would you be missing out on? iE: Really good dialog or companion quests.

I found on the steam forums, but can’t find the link now, a guide to fooling the game into letting you create 4 custom characters.

From memory the process was to start 4 instances of the game on the same computer, in a lan network game, and save every character to “host” then start the host game and close the extra 3.

If I understand it correctly it basically is starting multiplayer but you control all 4 characters.

The downside was no origin stories and also no way to get rid of characters.

So you normally create just one character and recruit the rest? I guess that means no undead party.

Since they only just announced the Undead, and there is one “unknown” Origin character coming in the full release, I think it’s a safe bet one of the Origin/pre-made characters will be Undead.

Safe bet?

It’s been confirmed.

The Undead origin character is called Fane. He is an Ancient, and lived before any of the extant races. He was buried in a sacrophagus for a few thousand years until someone woke him up, and got eaten for his troubles.

Now Fane is struggling to come to terms with the new world. Link to livestream showing Fane. Go to 15:00.

The other origin characters are:

Ifan ben-mezd - Human

The Red Prince - Lizard

Lohse - Human

Sebille - Elf

Beast - Dwarf

That’s freaking awesome.

Also when Sven asks for “Strip Poles” when he meant Straw Poll was the best.

Fane is literally the subject of the statue that comes with the Collector’s Edition of the game.

That CE sold out incredibly fast. I think they only made 1k available for purchase though.

I bought the CE during the kickstarter - does that mean I get the kit that was on sale last week, or was that something altogether different?

There is no “backer CE” or “non-backer CE” variant. You’ll be getting the fancy kit from last week alongside 3,000 other backers.

Oh good! It looks pretty cool.

Yeah what @John_Reynolds is referring to is an extra 1,000 copies made for non kickstarter backers.

I have only 2 collector’s editions of any games, one being medieval total war 2 (latinkon figurine) ad the other being age of wonders 3, of which I have 2 collector’s editions. One unboxed and unsealed, and the other pristine and untouched.

I came close to getting a CE for D:OS2 though…

Necrofire. Nuff said.

I didn’t know we could use ballistae. That’s awesome.

Damn, I want this game.

Looks awesome. Also looks staged, and I fully expect my party to be annihilated in the same circumstances. But still: awesome. Definitely going to get this game!