Do you register your games?

I almost always register. If you read closely, it’s pretty easy to opt out of any mailing lists. I rarely see anything related to games in my spam filter or regular email - I get more spams from Stardock and GoGamer! then any publisher.

I never register my PC stuff unless it’s for an online gameplay component (e.g. Steam). Part of the problem is that I uninstall/reinstall games from time to time, and they keep asking me. They don’t care if I registered already or not, they keep bugging me and bugging me and bugging me. I reinstalled Baldur’s Gate the other day, and no, I don’t want to register a 10-year old game with a defunct company.

Yeah, I’m also one of the people who does register Nintendo stuff, although I’m not entirely sure why. Probably because of some freebies (they sent me some styluses) and additional website access or something. That said they’ve totally failed to send me an update about the Fire Emblem port, even though that’s one of the few things I have checked on my “okay to send me updates” list.

• Alan

I register Paradox games for the forums, Company of Heroes so I could play online, and Stardock games for the patches. Everything else, no.

The question gets annoying when you’re installing the Sims 2, nine expansions, and eight stuff packs, all in one afternoon.

I registered my Wii for the warranty extension (this was when Smash Bros had me convinced it was broken), and my fake band games for the same warranty reasons.

That depends. In cases like Bioware where is shows what games I own on the forum profile yes, or The Witcher where I gain extra stuff from doing so, yes.

Otherwise no.