Do you where a watch? If so, what, and why?

I wear a Raymond Weil.

Very classy. Simple look. Black face (swiss made ftw).

I voted Yes because there was no Sometimes option. I don’t often wear a watch, but I would if I could find a watch band that didn’t irritate my wrist. It must be the nickel in the clasp; nickel allergies run in the family.

But I do have a cheapo Peugeot that goes with everything (and needs a replacement battery), and one of those nifty Citizen Eco-Drive watches that runs on solar power.

When I was in grade school, I had one of those Timex calculator watches. I wanted the one with the universal remote built in.

Men have many, many more cool watches to choose from than women do. Love the Armitron and the Perpetual one posted here.

I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive that has been pretty trouble-free. The only time it stopped is one weekend when I apparently laid it down somewhere too dark for it to get a charge. (I have an older watch I sometimes wear on the weekends to keep the Citizen from getting too banged up.)

Haha, yeah, that’s pretty embarrassing. My only excuse is that I was browsing Quarter to Three at about quarter to three because I couldn’t sleep and had been up until 4:30 the night before. Sorry guys!

I used to wear a Casio sea pathfinder, and it’s a great watch, but too big and ugly for business wear, so I built my own watch at 121time.com. Swiss quartz chronograph because I wanted the accuracy, stainless everything because I love the look. Of course now everyone is getting on the big watch bandwagon, but I’ve been out of sync my whole life.

I am wearing an old Oakley Timebomb. Also have one with a different look in reserve, I don’t think I’ll ever wear another watch again. Maybe except for my even older Casio with a built-in altimeter (for skiing) or the new version of the Timebomb (Screw you Oakley!).

My grandfather gave me one of his old Seiko watches, so I wear that every day. Regardless of whether I’m carrying a cell phone or sitting in front of a computer, when I need to check the time, I always default to the watch.

I stopped wearing a watch about 4-5 years ago which is right about the time I got a divorce. Hmm, wonder if there is a connection there? Never thought of that before. I use my iphone now but amazingly enough, I still have my LED watch that I got when I graduated from high school as a gift from my parents. It is a Seiko and one of my prized posessions even though I would get laughed at wearing it now. But back in 1979, man did I love pressing that button and seeing the time light up!

I have a Tissot. Not expensive, sapphire crystal glass, keeps the time well, looks classy yet simple. I forget the exact brand. Anniversary gift from the wife.

I have a phone. Watches are so 1999.

Some cheap and shitty plastic phone is not an ersatz for a valuable watch. Classy guys can’t live without, Cory.

I hate having anything on my wrist. I go through times when I carry a watch in my pocket, but it’s been a few years. These days I use my MP3 player or my Blackberry (I carry my MP3 player more often.)

When I was a teen and in my 20s I always wore a watch but after the last one stopped working, I didn’t replace it right away and found that I almost never missed having one. There are clocks all over the freaking place, as it turns out.

I finally decided to try a watch again a couple of years ago and got a cheap ($25) analog Timex with a simple black band and that ‘Indiglo’ thing but it started losing time after only four months, so I put it away in a cupboard and have been watch-free again since.

I have a cell phone so I can use that to check the time. It’s not as convenient as looking at my wrist, but no big deal. Plus no embarrassing watch tan lines at the beach! (If I ever went to the beach.)

I don’t wear a watch, but I don’t have a cell phone either (well, didn’t, I’ve been trying to chase down an iPhone 4). I usually had my iPod on me though, so I’d just check the time on it.

I have not worn a watch for almost a year now. Leather bands tend to disintegrate on my wrist very quickly, and I have rather hirsute forearms so wearing anything with a metal band is right out. Finding a watch that doesn’t look all Mickey Mouse while sporting a nylon or synthetic watchband is a challenge. Plus I’m one of those weirdos who’s right-handed but wears their watch on their right wrist, so there’s that to consider as well.

People who refuse to get cell phones are weird an under great suspicion of being pod people.

I’m in the sometimes camp.
When I remember or when I’m diving or swimming, I wear this:

It’s the Citizen Promaster.

It’s a constantly reminder of my last dive… for years it was a 1,3 meter dive for 8 seconds in some kid friendly collection of pools and then I had the battery replaced which requires a pressure test, so now it just tells me that my last dive was at 40 meters for an hour.
I really need to do more diving.

If work didn’t issue me one, I wouldn’t have it, period. The conveniences are many, but when you’re in a position where countless people want something from you, the ability to tune them out when work is over is power.

Not since I first had to start carrying a pager, now cell phone.

Speaking of power, there is a curious button on phones that turns them off. Most everyone has times they don’t want to be reachable, this is when we set our phones aside. It’s the people who get themselves worked into a frenzy over the idea of having a cell phone at all that are going to end up going postal.