Doctor Who: 2007

Traffic jam episode: I thought all the car stuff wasn’t too hot, but the last act more than made up for it. Good story twist, we finally get some confirmation of the Master appearing this season, and anyone who says Tennant can’t pull off drama is proven wrong. As for next week’s preview, seems a little soon to be pulling out the Daleks, but whatever, they are entertaining.

How did other people know the Master would be showing up? Did I miss a hint in the show (aside from this episode), or was it just taken from fansites, etc?

Also, the pig people look awfully familiar. Have they been on before?

Mostly the Mr. Saxon stuff, which has so far appeared in Touchwood, Runaway Bride, and Love and Monsters. It was always marked down as the season’s big mystery, and they needed another big hitter for the big finish.

Not that it’s been CONFIRMED as the old tash-twirling panto-queen yet, but that’s what everyone expects. Probably without as much tash-twirling though.

(spoilers, obviously)

Speaking for myself, the complaint is that the dramatic shouting is too much. When he undeplays, he’s golden. Gridlock is a good illustration of both.

I completely missed this in all the episodes. Anyone for a recap?

That’s sort of why I think it may not be him. There’s a least three other Time Lords who probably weren’t on Gallifrey during the Time War. While I would love to see the Master return, I’m actually kind of hoping it’s the one last seen in the 22nd Century. Of course, it could be both. Or more. “You are not alone” doesn’t necessarily mean “There is one other.”

I believe that Gridlock marks the first RTD episode that I liked from beginning to end. The Macra certainly weren’t a rogues gallery villain I was expecting, so that made for a nice surprise. Good character beats, an interesting story, solid plotting, obligatory homosexual reference: all-in-all a fine forty minutes of television.

Sure. There are Vote Saxon posters in the penultimate episode of Torchwood, Saxon’s the guy who orders the attack on the Racnoss ship in Runaway Bride, he’s mentioned on the newspaper in Love and Monsters, and I think a couple more places. Either way, he’s a politician - I think his election is the focus of an episode later on in the series.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not actually the Master, and that someone else turns out to be him.

In the Doctor Who Annual 2006, published August 2005, series producer Russell T. Davies wrote an article called “Meet the Doctor” that described the Last Great Time War. The article ends with Davies describing the image of a lone figure walking away from a lost monument to the Time War on a remote planet with the message “You are not alone” scratched into the stone.

Davies also wrote in another article during series 2 that the “Loney God Prophecy” to be given to the Doctor by the Face of Boe would consist of four words. The popular guess, of course, was “You are not alone”.

Also, the pig people look awfully familiar. Have they been on before?

Probably due to the modified pig used as a decoy in the 9th Doctor episode, Aliens of London.

Anyway … Random stuff:

Martha Jones has a MySpace page.

Seeing commercials for Doctor Who Toys is kind of weird. Tardis Playset. More figures.

That page also says

The name “Mister Saxon” is an anagram of “Master No. Six” - if rumors are true, and Saxon truly is the Master, then Simm’s Master would indeed be the sixth incarnation of the Master to have appeared on television.

I love that. Looking forward to those episodes.

OK, WHERE. Can I GET. This STUFF?

In America, that is. I can’t find a stateside distributor for Character.

Loved the gridlock episode. Everything seems much better this season for some reason, the writing is so much better.

Who North America.

The 1/4th scale r/c K-9 looks like fun.

Don’t post spoilers like this in this thread without warning - really don’t want to know about what’s upcoming unless it’s in the “next episode” previews.

I really hated the traffic episode, because it just made no sense. The subterranean highway was shut 24 years ago, so everyone on it concluded that it’s normal to take 20 years to move a few miles (and apparently has stocked their car for such contingencies) – instead of instantly realizing that they were trapped and had to get out?? I realize it’s not exactly a “hard science fiction” show, but that’s just so goofy it tainted the whole show. The New/End of Earth shows have been the worst episodes of every season so far.

Liked seeing the cats again though, and the devolved crab guys, and the Face of Bo. What would be the reason for holding onto that information until his last breath though? And if it’s so important to pass on that it’s been reserved for his dying breath, maybe it should have been a tad less cryptic and more specific.

Then you should probably stop reading this thread, you self-absorbed, narcissistic prick. If you’re so OMG-sensitive about speculation that has been awash in the community for pretty much the last TWO YEARS and you’re not on the ball enough to skip your eyes ahead when you see the phrase “we finally get some confirmation,” then you are either far too invested in your entertainment, or you’re just plain stupid. Based on your reviews of Ultima IX and Oblivion, I’m betting on the latter.

Let me know how your “carpet the whole world” movement works out for you. I’ll be over here wearing slippers.

Oh, yeah, and it’s “Face of Boe.” You, sir, are no Whovian. Goodbye.

LOL, what a phenomenal social misfit. Awesome reaction to someone simply asking you to have the courtesy to post a “spoiler warning” prior to actually posting “spoilers”.

Get outside more, dude, and try to hang out with human beings for a change.

I hardly think so. For one thing, your comment here:

is just as much of a spoiler, if not more so, than this comment here:

The devolved crab guys verifiably show up in the last episode. There’s no “confirmation” whatsoever that the Master appears this season; that’s just Daniel’s speculation. The only thing that does get “confirmed” is the message from the Face of Boe, which–pay attention now–was the focus of this thread. Behold post #1.

Your post spoiled the whole damn episode. Then you go off on Daniel, for posting his own intepretation of a subject that has been freely discussed throughout this entire thread?

Get some perspective, chief.

Yeah asking anyone to not post spoilers on the QT3 boards is a bit silly. There’s no real 100% confirmation that “Teh Master” is really going to be showing up, it’s a nice juicy rumor that everyone likes to chew over. Besides, you said things just as spoilery in the episode as the other person. So, you’re both douchebags!

(not really, I just wanted to say that, maybe you’ll both focus your anger on me now.)

Wow, you’re actually just nutty. Talking about an previously broadcast episode in a thread devoted to talking about the show ain’t “spoiling” it, unlike reposting rumours of future content from Outpost Gallifrey or wherever without giving people fair warning of potential spoilers.

That’s just internet ettiquette 101, and I hardly “went off” on Daniel, I just asked him not to post potential spoilers from other sources without giving fair warning. You have some crazy anger management issues if that triggers a deranged, incomprehensible rant throwing in crap about reviews from 7 years ago that you probably never even read, lol. Seriously, get out around people more - your response was definitely not the sign of someone who’s healthy and happy.

You are wrong.

Pardon me for breaking in, but I just wanted to point out that Derek Meister is awesome for posting that North American link for the Who merchandise. Meister, you are the master!

Carry on.

1. Holy shit WTF? Get a room. I don’t think Desslock’s comment about spoilers was correct since it was just discussion of a well-known rumor, but it’s not like he made a big deal out of it.

2. The only real spoiler would be if I revealed that Martha is actually Shepherd Book, having travelled from the future and had a sex change.

He whined about spoilers and then posted a spoiler. Hypocrisy unleashes my inner fury.

every time I see people with those mobile phone earpieces, im worried they are cybermen.