Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

If you asked me to point at Pangea on the map, I’d have a bit of a dumb look to my face.

Pan… what?

Turn got real serious real quick

But! My thug is doing well! I am happy!

I have to know if you lost your Pretender or not? Because I can’t see him and I’m thinking “wow, where did he go…” If it was the horror, then, that is pretty unlucky!

He was given the title of the One True God and ascended to infinite power, you mere mortals are still fighting over the table scraps of this one world while he was invited to join the true pantheon of power!

[nah he totally died in a single action, got dunked]

Oof, oh that’s rough. I don’t think much would survive it either if the dominion checker is right? I’m guessing this is the sort of crazy thing we get to look forward to roaming the world when cataclysm hits @dfs ?

yup. There are a lot of horrors.

Random powerful units get horror marked.
Horrors show up and eat said powerful units.

Horrors show up and DESTROY thrones. This reduces the number of ascension points needed to win.

This escalates and more thrones (and units) keep getting randomly removed till somebody fills the increasingly reduced victory condition.

It’s a really nice mechanic to avoid the type of stalemate we almost got to in balance, but it is not fun to watch your newly summoned elemental royalty die on the turn of summoning.

i learned some valuable lessons: never try to load up a cap with sneaks just after a successful assassination; don’t try to poison a vampyre; don’t keep giving troops to Lady Snowblood because, you know, morale…

if only I could seduce/charm someone…

Anyhow, I DESERVED THAT THRONE, after the amount of bloody times I lost to it…

ooo, look over there!

And you don’t mess around with Jim.

Oooo, that does sound really cool though, I am glad we are playing this crazy cataclysm low income!

My pretender is not long on this world- what are the generally accepted rules for unused gems?

Do I give some to my conqueror? give some to someone I like? or just secretly bury them?

Its your personal preference. I try to use all mine, but at the end, i typically pass anything i cant use to either allies or people most likely to inflict pain on my foe. Ideally, those two are one bucket - if i have to choose, it’s probably the later, but things like spite and vengeance are like bread and butter for me…

if it’s been a good clean fight, i tend to give the spoils to the victor. it’s a nice MP touch that i learned from MP :)

Oh, you think you won’t last until the cataclysm? Maybe you will. Everything is negotiable.

But yeah, your chance to win isn’t too good…

Dominions at it’s finest.

Its sad when a scout that you have carefully moved across time and space, avoiding armies, hordes of psychotic cavalry, legions of birdmen, and (with difficulty) walking away from sultry naked women…
only to be cut down in the prime of life by a Mind Hunt.

I’d read that book ;)

Mmmm. I wish i had a better summon to blow all these gems on- would be awesome if I happened to have a 3 air national summon in remote provinces.

I do know when I lose my main town I will concede and give up to AI, as if there is one thing I have learned, its that you don’t want to stay in the game as a weird tiny water province nation with 3 provinces just wasting turns. Either way I feel like I did okay :D and had a lot of fun in this, but I do hope to see the tales of cataclysm!

Although I still don’t understand Thugs it seems, ouch lost mine to a horse charge.

You were definitely a thorn… :-)

Your thug had no chance against my sacreds. They are very strong, and especially when there’s nothing blocking their lance charge.

For what it is worth, your seeking arrows killed two national heroes; the first was my Pontifex Maximus who I had plans for when he arrived. He died with some relatively expensive gear equipped (it doesn’t look like dominions puts equipped gear into the inventory with remote attacks). The second then killed my H4 hero Innocentius. Two turns in a row, and with all the other chaff present, and I lost those two. The third arrow hit a valuable Augur Elder and killed him too. Those arrows gave you some serious value.

I think I’ll have more to say later, but you maybe chose the wrong player to poke. If you just waited a few more turns, I’d probably have wiped myself against a throne and been ripe for invasion then.

Please don’t put yourself AI.

yes i agree with pyrhic @ThornFalconeye … the QT3 DOM MP tradition is to play it out :)