Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

I think the message was thorn will go ai once the cap falls?? Besides there’s a pretty good army still there that will cause me problems. And who knows what a stray seeking arrow could achieve.

The assumption is I will go for the cap. My interest is thrones. Like I said earlier, everything is negotiable. And if @ThornFalconeye wants to stay in game I’ll gladly give back cap ring and other territories that let him do stuff while cataclysm hits. The concession is just not attacking me from here on out.

I have like 4 water provinces, and was going to go AI when I lost my land provinces. In one dominions 3 match I ended up being in the final 4 nations…as a land nation with 3 water provinces, doing nothing for 20 turns(no capital, just a water fort). I was saving up minor resources and ended up essentially doing nothing but wasting time as people still waited for me for turns.

I did convert all of my gems into an army at this point, with my capital still here, so expect a bang!

Something tells me that @Evil_Steve forgot to submit his turn…

I predict his excuses will be:

1. Rum
  2. Dropbears
  3. Crazed Matildas
  4. Pondering how many Lamia Queens can fit on the back of a Manticore.

yess…drop…bears…hmmmm…

i’ll get it in! just been struck, as the final days of the world’s longest lockdown comes to a close, by eye strain, so avoiding the computer for a bit! also a tricky turn!

My, that got right interesting real quick…

For months now, nay years, people have been saying “Pan is gonna come and eat your chicks”, and what dya know? Maybe Pan is gonna come and eat my chicks…

Oh my, Pan HAS been busy.

well i did still manage to kill my own heroes with wrong orders and poison, and in my haste to get the turn in forgot a lot of other things too! so i think the chicks are ok.

do LIKE ravenous swarm though. never cast it before. this is why i love dominions still after all these years…always something new.

i’m sure my arse will get bitten next turn

Dang it, all my scouts are hanging out in Ubar lands.

Anyone care to tell the clueless bat what happened? Its not like Pan to kill off its own heroes…

@Pyrhic I’ll do my best to get my turns in, but I might need some time over the next week. It would be bad for me to stale. I’m traveling and my schedule is tight.

@dfs of course, just let me know what you need/when you need it.

see, told you your chicks were safe :) hasty decisions (or lack of) in the previous turn came back to haunt me.

a Dom5 mystery to me continues to be who moves where first: i’m sure there’s a manual chapter somewhere, but i’ve always been an ‘on the fly’ kinda guy, so it will continue to remain a mystery

back to the drawing board

So… Caelum, Lord of the Cold Peaks, Master of the Frigid Breezes, casts… ETERNAL PYRE? FIRE GEMS??
This game is very strange.
And yes, to answer your unasked question, I have considered the ramifications of plunging the world into eternal darkness, but that would take about seven turns or so to get to. The death gems, of course, are not an issue.
I am just amazed that I am not the only fire user (besides Ubar of course) that is in this game.

Remote spell movement first/battles. Then movement from friendly territory to friendly territory. Breaking siege happens after the friendly movement phase. Then movement from friendly to unfriendly territory. Then castle storming.

The order on ties I think used to be based on nation number, but now it is random? Eg: resolution of battle when two opposing armies hit the same indy province. It would be that Ermor would go first, then Pangea because Ermor had the lower nation number. But I suspect that has since changed.

Another useful tip that I remember reading about, maybe on these forums, is that the order of messages when you open a turn is based on turn order.

Maybe the IPA’s were freezing (and being ruined) and they need just a little bit of warmth for that deliciousness to flow down their throats.

ah great! that make so much sense! (viz friendly and unfriendly). finally!

see, still a noob!

Turn resolution order (from the manual):

1. Send Messages
  2. Research
  3. Empowerment
  4. Recruitment
  5. FOrge Items
  6. Preach
  7. Heretic Preaching
  8. Claim Thrones
  9. Quick special orders (A few special orders are quicker than others, such as enter site to scry and cultivate pearls)
  10. Magic rituals (random order)
  11. Magic Battles
  12. Lost in other places (if a unit becomes lost in another plane, it happens now. This includes resolving battles fought in other planes)
  13. Site Searches
  14. Prophets (are declared)
  15. Call god
  16. Awakening (pretenders)
  17. Blood Hunting
  18. Horrors
  19. Assassinations (battles fought immediately)
  20. Raid (units with raid order perform that now)
  21. Relinquish province
  22. Friendly movement (all movement ending in a friendly province takes place now. if you are trying to get to a friendly place before an enemy does, you will do so if you are not stopped by an event that takes place in steps 1-21)
  23. Other movement (all movement, including break siege, takes place)
  24. Resolve Battles (all battle resolution from movement happens here)
  25. Castle storming (castles are stormed and battles resolved)
  26. Global Enchantments (global enchantment take effect on the world. Note that casting takes place in step 10)
  27. Random events
  28. Resolve any battles
  29. Magic items/monsters (special effects from magic items, or monsters, take place. If any result in battles those are resolved now).
  30. Sneak Discovery
  31. Change Besieger
  32. Building Construction
  33. Special orders (special orders like reanimate or summon allies are performed)
  34. Pillage
  35. Income
  36. Unrest alterations
  37. Starvation
  38. Upkeep/Desertion
  39. Dominion Spread
  40. Dominion effects
  41. Site Effects
  42. Overpopulation (rare)
  43. Aging
  44. Resolve Battles
  45. Heal /Disease
  46. Insanity
  47. Mercenaries
  48. New random heroes
  49. Kill lone units (units without commanders in enemy provinces are killed)
  50. Reclaim provinces
  51. Scouting
  52. Elimination
  53. Victory
  54. Update Stats (hall of fame/scoregraphs)
  55. Heroic Abilities
  56. Reform immortals
  57. Reduce PD
  58. Aftermath

what? We like BBQ. Just like you probably enjoy a nice frosted beverage in your heated realms. Opposition is often tasty and delicious.

Jeez, thats a lot of elements, as well as Insanity and aging specifically heh.

Bear force turn went…really well… Weird. I am so terrified of birds from those seasonal ones guarding the thrones, I am used to them being unkillable.

But the true test is next turn! Come and fight me on the capital Strato! it will be a battle worthy of Bearhalla!

Speaking of Death Rides to Bearhalla, I will be out till Thursday PM EST. Yet another opportunity to wear my black suit at a funeral…

I might be able to get (another) turn in within the next 16 hours or so, depends what our travel/packing arrangements turn out to be, if it does cycle during that time.