Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

This begs the question - does the cataclysm timer reset when a throne is taken/claimed? Because cataclysm is expected in about two years…

Cataclysm timer doesn’t reset for anything. Well, a clear throne victory would stop the game, but short of that…hold on to your butts, it’s about to get really interesting.

Merry Christmas too all of you gentlemen!

And to all a good fight.

indeed. merry xmas :)

@dfs -Ubar, I dont know how you have managed to live, but I am not moving from 37. There are many virgins there who need to be defroc- I mean, collected for their own safety.

I, too, marvel at Ubar’s longevity. Reminds me of the time I played the Civilization board game and got knocked out of contention for a win fairly early and spent the rest of the game harassing the other players, which annoyed one of them to no end, which of course marked him out for even further harassment.

Sorcery. D’uh.

Message received.

These turns really start feeling like a lot of work.

Yeah, I am looking forward to a certain turn… will make my scripts much easier.

An interesting twist. Caelum - Fomoria region swapping? Or war?

Fomoria you proposed a truce on one turn and then without waiting for a response from me wrote on the next that my answer was no.

Perhaps it would easier and quicker out in public. A truce with you is agreeable providing greater Ubar remains greater Ubar. You may freely retake 148 and 149. 161 and 162 will remain as part of Ubar. I will cede 160 to you and ignore your fortifications in 160 and 163. Other flocks need my attention. Or we can continue to snipe provinces from each other if you prefer, but I think in the interest of stability a truce is best for all. If you would like to seal the deal with a gift then be aware we love the taste of water gems.

btw If anyone else is ever going to hit Caelum, then now would be the time. Otherwise I guess I’ll just have to take care of this myself.

Any part you cede to Ubar will become part of Caelum. Ubar will not be around too much longer.

That’s what we said several months ago.

Oh man, I wish I had this sort of confidence. Seriously, the world is going to blow up, and here I am shying away as one of the foremost superpowers.

Alright, @Kolbex , I hope you had a scout on Ubar’s capital. This is what happens when research goals get met and a lot of gems are available.

Felicia Sexapants the Air Queen ( I think I might have seen some of her movies, or at least five minutes of them) arrived on Ubars cap with a couple Slyphs. Pssh, you say. Even though she has six gems (theres probably a scout hanging around with more), frost brand, eyeshield, water bottle, mirror armor, and dragon helm, thats not enough to take out Ubar.
But wait! Theres more! A fire king showed up, with a personal favorite of @pyrhic 's, the Flying ship. That slow, plodding Fire King (really should be named something appropriate like Karl Hungus) brought along a bunch of buddies, namely terracotta warriors and a bunch of fire drakes.
And, of course he is kitted out and has a plethora of gems for him and his sexy companion.

Who knows what they are capable of, since the prov def was just a trifle.
TIME TO BREAK OUT THE POPCORN!

So, you say, how is Ubar going to defeat this army? Well, its not looking good. Both the AQ and the FK have resistances of at least 5 for cold, poison, and much more for shock (AQ) and fire (FK). The FK doesnt have shock resistance, so lightening/thunderstrike/orb lightening etc should work, assuming it hits the guy. He does have magic resistance of 21, though, so unless you have some penetration items, Soul Slay and the like wont work.
But the caster has to stay alive while the AQ probably spams Living Air, or Storm/Wrathful/Thunder fend. And the Fire King, also not high on protection, will also be casting spells.

Perhaps a turn one “Attack Rear” of flying things could reach and attack these two and their flunkies? Could be, but you have to ready for the reinforcements, one province away! An earth king and the Badness himself, Sir Reginald von Bartlesby, he of the Varkids, the Banefire king! Flying carpets are wonderful to bring you and some of your best buddies to the party. Both of these guys are kitted out for up close and personal combat, nicely complimenting the casters on the capital.

Am I the only one with scouts littered around the map? Or am I the only one talking about it?

Probably the latter…

Sir Reginald von Bartlesby would appreciate it if you recognized him by his full and proper name, sir.

I stand corrected.