Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

See, I knew that you knew that I knew that Caelum is very strong. But I also knew that knowing that, you would plan on me going north. Knowing that, and knowing you wouldnt know that I know that, or maybe you know I know that, come to think of it, you probably knew I knew, I decided to change from the obvious.
I mean, Pan is still a massive threat to peace and harmony of New Batland.
And furthermore, let me say that I have a cave forest province, that I have searched for every type of magic but water, and found nothing. Meanwhile an identical cave forest province I happened upon has SIX sites.

This sounds like a scene from the Princess Bride

tbh, i’m surprised my patrol didn’t get it - it didn’t seem a particularly tough horror.

which was just weird - why would you send out an unkitted devil to solo take a province? I mean, ya as an archdevil, he’s still a tough cookie, but unkitted he’s considerably less tough…

oh, i’m so curious! Did you turn your pretender into an affectionate moose?

you don’t say…any…uh, clues?

The arch devil had some kit, but the 8 fire elementals just ignored the militia. If I had given the devil another gem for fatigue, I wouldn’t be relaying this story.

Now comes the question. Does @Evil_Steve break out, or wait for me to storm?

a storm spool is some kit?

An Augur Elder survived an Earth Attack! I haven’t had a good look at the turn yet, that’s a job for tonight. But… from what I remember, the two Summer Lion bodyguard were amazing. The Augur Elder followed up with skelly spam, but I blame the bodyguards for going to work on the Earth Elemental more than anything.

I’m saying this to mostly say that I think the elemental summons (spring hawks, summer lions, fall bears and winter wolves) are probably decent bodyguard units for expensive mages. I never liked them on the front lines, too prone to death. But paired with the right mage, yeah, I think I have a go-to.

I wonder if pyrhic’s commander survived the earth attack I threw back?

Can you…can you do that?

hmm, i dont think i received an earth attack. Maybe i missed it in the 36 messages, i’ll double check.

I’ve cooled a bit on earth attack. I had this opinion it was this awesome attack spell, and it’s really not bad but…it’s not awesome either, and it’s pretty easily countered, particularly if the commander can spam anything. Obviously D helps here, but really anything can help and the trample effect is not as pronounced as it used to be.

Still, of course i’ll keep using it - it’s only 5 earth, so why not? Tell you what, how about we both go kill some demons and i wont hit you with earth attack for a while?

Well, the affection is random, but the moose part is actually possible.

To elaborate further, the spell is Transformation. Which… hmmm. Maybe that’s what I should have done with my Lars I summoned. Should have tested that and seen what I get.

To be clear, that Purgatory does a mean job on my beloved billions of beastly brown bats (bicycling backwards, blowing bubbles…anyone? anyone?). So that MIGHT be the reason why The Bat Nation hasn’t jumped onto Caelum provinces proper.

And yeah, a single storm spool is not good enough kit for an Arch Devil. But I honestly thought the fire elementals were going to be enough, and then he could be on his merry way to a lab to resupply.

Imagine my surprise when @dfs shows up again! Kudos to you for staying in the game for so long, sorry I bumped into you.

Any rumblings of Dominions 6 coming yet? Apparently this year is the 20th anniversary of the first release.

Can I please get 24hrs. I will likely get the turn in beforehand, but just had a shit day in general.

sure, done

Thank you. Yeah, eaten something that hasn’t agreed with me. Turn mostly done, just want to check some things with clearer head.

I’ve sent a turn in but need to adjust it and am out and about for a few hours. Can quick-host be disabled for a moment or can you delay putting in your turn till i gives a nod? Sorry

the latter, as since you sent it in already: quickhost off would not save you now

cool. all done now, with thanks :)

I will fight to the last breath, but I fear that last breath will come soon. Thanks again to all who helped me stand this long.

you made it a long way :D
What turn is it now?

Turn 81 now.

“The cataclysm is expected in about 1 year.” I swear it has been that same message forever now.