Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

for me it was £ ¥ and €. I should learn the degrees one - i could probably make a funny one like °-°

The easiest way is probably just to google “that o with dots” and copy and paste it.

I just find it a lot harder to keep track of things with the generic names, and I get more into the game if I can name them!

When do we plan to kick off the game? I was looking last night at a particular nation pick and thinking “Hmmmmm…” I may need to change Pretender design, or just hope someone else has a solution.

In my last semester exam block, I was writing code for my solution and ended up wasting a few too many minutes finding how to insert the degree’s symbol into my code. So stupid of me because I ran out of time to finish the final question I had, but at the point I was in with the exam, I was feeling really cocky and sure I’d finish with plenty of time. The mistakes we make.

I believe we are waiting on Formia, but sure, you have plenty of time to rethink your plan and find a way to deal with the birds and bats! No reason to worry about giants.

It’s what I can’t see that I worry about.

Giants. Yep can see them. Birds. So long as they don’t poop on me, fine. Bats - yeah they can keep their viruses to themselves.

It would involve a huge rethink, so I’ll trust someone else has a solution… right?

I was gonna hit start since we’re all in. But if you want some time to rethink or maybe pick one of your other two nations, nows the time to do that. Take the time that you need and let me know when to start it - i’m in no hurry so, no worries there.

Alright I’m happy I think. But I think this works better. I’m ready to start now myself.

I’VE GOT NO IDEA WOT I’M DOING AS PER USUAL!

so hitting start is fine by me

Lies!

You’re sure then? Really, really sure? Cause once i hit that button, it’s on! And while I will no doubt be at war with Akaoni by turn 3, anytime after that, i could be at war with you and I wouldn’t want to munch up your pretender and then you were like, “But, stealthy eagles, how is that a thing?!”

I’ve no idea what you’re going on about. If you can’t see them, then they can’t hit you and you have nothing to worry about.

Unless they are using fire magic and remote spells.

But nobody has a heat nation.

Do they?

That’s a plan. I strongly agree. I might even HAVE a solution.

Maybe.

I kinda think he’s talking about you, actually

Wait. What? Us. Nope. Just looked in the mirror. I see myself just fine.

I am fine and ready to go! Let the world be covered in Ice with little consequences!

Hey now, the bats love it toasty warm. Fire and blood, to make the best tequila in the world!

Pity I cannot swarm the world with bats, like you (apparently) could in Dom4. And I dont get first strike with lances anymore! I guess I will have to hide behind my wall of undead then…

I am so sure you could name a beach after me.

Oh, and my rethink meant I could plan for you too!

I’m not sure I require any kind of plan. My very nature leads me to sudden and often catastrophic implosions.

Ok, then, we are started. Good luck everyone.

Also, reminder that diplomacy is ingame via messaging, or public in this channel, only. No PMs of any kind.

Also remember Starfleet Regulation 46A: if transmissions are being monitored during battle, no uncoded messages on an open channel.

For all messages by me, remember that tuesdays are opposite days. Messages read or wrote on tuesdays are opposite!

Unless it’s an odd numbered tuesday…

or an odd-numbered month…

unless it’s both, then it’s cancelled

unless its november, then it’s not cancelled

unless it’s an odd numbered year, then it is cancelled

And this includes messages read by me.

sigh…yes, i’m getting the error too.

I was hoping we had the right version, i guess i was wrong. I’ll start a new game.