Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

@Otthegreat @Kelan

just waiting on your pretender submissions to get wyld ryde 3 started…

Sorry about that! I’m going to get that in either today or tomorrow.

On the way!

And sent. I have no idea whether this will work.

And wyld ryde 3 is on the way!

Just some notes, there are 6 level 3 thrones on the map, and since we never really set any diplomacy rules, how about every nation is free to decide on its diplomacy rules? :)

Lol, sounds good!

Sorry for the delays this week. I just got slammed at work, but should be able to get a turn in tonight. After this week things should clear up significantly.

QTFuries has finally gotten furious. Pan is doing well against Mictlan, but Fomoria just took a bunch of Pan land.

Can Pan take out Mictlan before Fomoria takes out Pan? What will Xibalba do? Tune in next turn to find out.

QTLizzies -

Apparently the only action in this game is the imminent demise of Ur. However, I have high hopes that thirty mages and a handful of chaff can clog up the gate with enough Pan bodies to force a retreat.

QT3Furies:

Sigh, I thought the system would send me a reminder like it always did. The game moved on without waiting for my turn submission (I misread the dateline too) and Ermor has marched happily into my unattended territories. Missing one game turn is as punishing as wasting a turn in Civilization games right?

I think I’ll just throw in the towel at this point. Anyone wants to take over Tien Chi?

Jeez, it’s already like 4 days between rounds, how much time did you need?

EDIT - Oh, you’re in the other game, sorry - I don’t know how many days you guys have between rounds.

@Baconsoda, since I am shortly out of Lizzies, I will be more than happy to take over TienChi. Please PM me.

No, it’s not as damaging as missing a Civ turn. Dom does not progress as predictably as Civ. A game of Dom is full of unexpected occurrences and setbacks. Missing a turn isn’t great but it’s not fatal. Your mages keep researching, your multi-turn moves keep moving, and every army hunkers down and plays defense.

Recruitment is maybe the largest impact, which is why it’s not bad to set your capital and other forts to “keep recruiting” and just manually override them as needed.

up to you, but this is a learning game, and recovering from a stale is something worth learning from? the game will change rapidly over the next few turns, there’s plenty for you and ermor to consider: shall we keep fighting or are there other advantages opening up? etc etc

Anyone else seeing weirdness with lizzies and llamaserver? The turn before this i got spammed back with about 50 ‘revised turn’ notices (each about 2 mins apart), and this turn even though i’ve submitted and received a response that i’ve submitted, it still shows me as not.

Wyld seems to be working normally, so doesn’t seem to be something across all the games…

This. I missed this past turn also. Got the 12-hour reminder at 7am, got home from work at 7pm. Boom. But I want to learn and have fun, really don’t see a point in just throwing in the towel.

That said, I have no disillusions about being good enough to win. I suppose if I did, I might feel more strongly about a stale.

Nope, nothing unusual for me from the server…

QT3 Lizzies
Yes, C’tis and I somewhat opporunistically managed to do a one-two punch to take Ur on, but it looks like true to his word AkaOni has his Dragon back!!! Fireworks sure to appear next turn!

I tried a sneaky quick stab at Rus, hoping to take a lightly defended throne but as it turned out…not so lightly defended. Or perhaps I didn’t send enough sneaky sneaky forces to take it, resulting in the loss of my prophet. Oh well, live and learn! Ur is refusing to go quietly into the night and has siphoned off resources…would you lie still while C’tis and I hold this pillow on your face please!!! ;)

If only Xibalba knew.

I am glad Something Big is finally happening, but for once it doesn’t border or directly involve me.

Yes please. Would it help if I hissed a sibilant lullaby in your ear?

And, it was very opportunistic. I wasn’t really planning on going after Ur’s territory. Then I wasn’t planning on going after Ur’s capitol.

What’s up with Rus? If you are mad at Pan for attacking your throne, why take it out on me?!

QT3 Lizzies

The smoldering wreckage of yet another Ur castle is littered with bodies. More than a hundred Pannites were slain, and things were looking…managable… when an overzealous Ur mage cast Shockwave.

Not only did he create a new recipe for Fried Harpy A La Mode, he also incinerated more than a few of his fellow mages. Even RubberDucky fell to the combined might of several water and fire elementals.

Now the few that call Ur home huddle in the lab, passing out gems and gear for the final stand. A few watch the march of the Rus legions, while others watch the strange manticores and other beasts than Pan has summoned.

Awww… I was kind of looking forward to trying to take out the dragon. Anyway, congrats to Pan. I guess he did all the hard work. I just cleaned some things up afterwords.

Now it seems like Rus is wanting some play time. Happy to oblige.