Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Thanks for the offer, Left_Empty. It’s yours.

As to why this isn’t grabbing me, I don’t know. I’ve bought the last couple of iterations, and hoped this would be the one to do it. I think it has to do with the micromanagement and all the stuff you have to keep track of.

I also find that as I grow older, I prefer less complex games. Not the grog I used to be, I guess.

ok @Left_Empty is now Ermor. Looks like @tgb123 submitted a turn? Feel free to contact each other for a light briefing on current in-game arrangments

QT3 Lizzies Ur

Pan has completely left me alone now, but still stand on a swamp that I used to have. Ctis is circling my capital, trying to bait me out to engage with his pretender , 140 or so various melee lizards, and the 6 or so Sauromancers that repeatedly cast Raise Dead. Interestingly, he deployed the Saurmancers and their bodyguards to the front of his army. I guess he does not fear archers, or first turn flying attackers- like a Dragon.

Instead, Ur, down to 4 (5 if you count a lonely province way out there) continues to hunker down and summon all manner of misbegotten creatures to bulk up our forces. At least, we did last turn, when we had gems. The question is,what is everyone else doing? Sadly, my scouts keep getting found out, so I cannot keep doing the evening news. So, inquiring minds want to know:

Did the monkeys fling poo?
How many White Centaurs does it take to bring down a Hydra? (Thrrrrreeee, I bet).
Is Therodos done pillaging that province next to me?
Niefel should be steam rolling someone by now. Are there any victims?

QT3 Lizzies Sauromatia

The last of the hydras died in retreat several turns ago. While white centaurs still can be found, there are far fewer of them than there were and we hope to keep their numbers diminished…

Oh, there are fewer werewolves now too…

I seem to have successfully submitted my first turn in a Dominions MP game ever!
A real personal achievement.

Congratulations, and thanks for pitching in!

woot! welcome to the maaaaaadhouse :)

QT3 Lizzies Pan

There’s fewer of EVERYTHING. It’s time to regroup and rest, so that Pan can push back against the evil invaders later on.

Awesome, welcome!

QTLizzies Ur

Somewhere out there in the vast internet, a person is cackling in glee. Twice now Prismatic Warriors have mysteriously appeared in a province of mine, seizing it from the country bumpkin sheriff and his inbred brother. Bored, because the lizards wont come to play, my Dragon had to assert control last time, and then moved on. But… the Prismatic Warriors came back. Once, bad luck. Twice… someone out there is choking on their little umbrella drink, hiding behind a shimmering facade while attacking Ur.

I know its not Ctis- his pretender is currently on tour of the southern lands, much like Jake and Elwood. I know its not Pan - hes got other thing to deal with, including necromancers. It might be the monkeys…but there are no bananas in the mountains.

Therefore, the logical culprit is the insane one, the one who thinks everything is an illusion. Therodos. Playing an insidious game, trying to goad me into attacking the banana flingers while I still have to deal with lizards and fornicating goat men, and I have to do it in twelve turns. Good day to you, Therodos. I said, GOOD DAY.

just remember, the APOCALYPSE was set to FIFTY TURNS, not forty.

So get to it!

I’d like to know what actually will happen on APOCALYPSE day?

The Horrors. The Horrors.

ZThe game is won by having a certain number of throne points. Each throne has a number of points between one and three, based on the throne level.

Horror (AI) units will start attacking the throne provinces randomly on turn 50. If they succeed in taking a throne, they will destroy it. That will also reduce the number of points needed to win. So in the middle of this, if some nation happens to be lucky ( which you can influence) enough not to have his thrones attacked, that nation might win, because it has the 4 points needed to reach the adjusted win threshold. I.e., there is only six thrones left, all at level 1, and you own 4, and that is the win threshold.

Note you can successfully defend against the horrors… sometimes.

Is anyone starting a new game?

I’ll be curious to see how they’ll handle forts and whether they’ll resolve both on the same round as any patrol. Also curious to see if the horrors are every round, random, or every x rounds.

@Jason_McMaster : I’ve been thinking of starting another game. Hmm…Maybe its time for another wylde ryde…

Perhaps, @pyrhic, you should explain what the Wylde Ryde is so people know what they are getting into. Both the game settings as well as what impact that has on the game as it goes on.

…go on…

I don’t meant to steal @pyrhic 's thunder, but he has been, on occasion, way laid by nubile ladies and IPAs of amorous intent. So it seems to be right now, or he would have responded promptly.

In essence, Wylde Ryde games are with half of the gold income, and half of the resources, but with double the number of magic sites, and random events on common.
It makes for games that rely less on massed legions of normal troops, and more emphasis on summoned creatures, spells, and clever blesses and strategies. For instance, in one WR game, @BotBaddict ran amok for a very long time with a F9A9 bless on Wrath of the Ancestors, with Tien Chi, which effectively meant that a priest and a D1 mage could take a province with no problems.
In the same game, i tried a strategy that relied on my pretender summoning massive numbers of giant eagles. And Tier Na Nugh had to rely on totally kitted out sneaky commanders. Massive armies were very difficult to field.

It basically is a game for people who love puzzles/coming up with indirect solutions to problems, and figuring out a good build before hand with whatever race they happened to choose.

Thanks, and yes I was…one…of those.

Adding to what akaoni said, it’s a game where magic is more pushed to the forefront and money scarce.