Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

I would join another game since our current ones will be done by the time the next one heats up.

QTFuries, Ermor, turn… 24? 25? the beginning and end of new times or something.

While we were in the middle of our administrative transition, finally allocating some funds to our new cutting edge Eldregatean theoscientist center for Truth, the traitorous T’ienchi have violated the borders of our empire without as much as a warning, or even a reply to our envoys! An heretic giant figure was seen spewing rotten creatures out from every one of his 30 unholy holes. Recycling the dead? That’s pretty nifty, we should look into that.
The dirtiest of tricks are common practice to them, as we hold proof that through their dark ways, they have turned one of the most well-respected members of the Ermor high-society in a starving blood-drinking fiend. The foolish attempt to overthrow our new administration was vain. We are safe, behind the towering walls of our Eternal City. Oh yes, we are safe. So safe…

Well then, undead friend, we must end our 3nap with Tien Chi. From (including) this next turn.

:)

LOLOLOL Ermor was you, LE??? When I was trying to take a throne of ascension for myself, you invaded Camia, or probably you unwittingly marched into it because there was no army defending it? It was my territory from the very beginning until I read the message that Camia was conquered by Ermor. Fearing further invasion, I quickly diverted my army to take back Camia :).

Let us it call it a truce since it might be a… misunderstanding? I’ll send an emissary to you to resolve this border conflict in an amicable way :)

We are not accountable for the actions of the previous military administration. That being said… be a dear, Silvanus, hand me the file.
Hmm-hmm…
To us, it is appearant a menacing assembly of troups composed of heretics stepped into Carnag, a province directly neighbouring Ermor and thus one we hold rightful prerogatives upon.
We cannot think the Gerontius Bellum’s 123 senators, however distracted they may have been, could have fallen victim to a glaring oversight such as allowing anything foreign to lure by and glance freely at the magnificient towers of our Eternal Capital.

You are effectively asking us to trust you, not in goodwill, but over an act of unprecedented ruthlessness.

Thus, to clear this misunderstanding and in the name of Guinness, the Savior, all-forgiving God, we will glady accept that you stand down and let us take what should be ours, back.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to sit out the next game as I’ll be travelling from June-Sep. But when I get back, I wouldn’t mind a team game of some sort. I always enjoyed the non-diplomacy type games, sticking more to pure strategy.

Alternatively the completely anonymous, no-interaction game we had was interesting as well.

QT3 Lizzies …

Zzzzz…yeah baby…zzz…z…right there…zzz…Wha!!! Ctis has attacked!!! CURSE YOU, Imp of Lies! No, Ctis merely took care of the expensive mercenary band that was at the end of their contract. No attack that is REAL…

General admin query: turns are still set at 96 hours for the holiday period. Shall we razz it up a bit by coming back to, say, 60 hours?

I’m up for a new game, if one is up’n’coming.

FURIES! Treacherous Xibalba has invaded our peaceful fishing village with longdeads and banes!!! We have fired up our gelatine factories…

I’ll join Wild Ride 3. It would be criminal not to.

I thought about warning you, but didn’t want to risk you concentrating your underwater forces by knowing my plans ahead of time. I only plan on taking that one province since it does border my capital. If you’re fine with letting me keep it, I’m happy to leave things as they are. If, however, you aren’t willing to give me this small buffer, well there are plenty more longdeads where those came from. :)

Wyle Ryde 3

In the beginning, as always, there was Chaos. After some time, beings of like ilk and disposition started to draw together and collectively each began to worship spirits, beings and items that held particular importance to them. From this group of entities, ideas, and a hairbrush rose the first beings that sought ascendancy.

The world was still young, lawless and wyld. Magic was in abundance and gold was in short supply. Nine pretenders vied for supremacy and after a titanic struggle, Tir na n’Og’s pyrhic rose above all and his reign lasted forever.

Or so it seemed to all but the Tir na n’Og. In time, all things fade, and as that race faded into memory, pyrhic’s power waned and a new age began. Much like the first age, magic was in abundance and gold in short supply, and from the chaos, eight beings sought to grab the threads of power and weave for themselves the bib of godhood.

In this contest of wills that became known as the second wyld ryde, those watery descendants of Tir na n’Og known as Ys and their diety Strato, finally were able to weave the bib and ascend. Strato’s wrath on the surviving races, and in particular on the troublesome Pan, was to become legendary. In fact, the term “Pan smote tuesdays” was so prevalent as to become a thing. For a while.

But, as before, all things end. With all the smiting and butter, the Ys grew fat and complacent, and eventually they too faded into memory. The bib of godhood unraveled and the threads of power floated tantalizingly close to the beings that would arise to vie for them.

The world is now older. While tame compared to the earlier ages, magic is still in abundance and gold is still scarce.

A nation of fire and blood, investigating pagan sites, stumbles across an old altar once revered by the Tir na n’Og. Unknowingly they disturb the sleep of an elder god, the first god, and their society is forever changed.

On a plain of frost swept wheat, broken farmers find a sprout. A hope. A dream. A promise of yesterday - of days golden - of glories…possible. An idea. Framed. A force old, but potent, finds a home.

The second age drowned. Collapsed and suffocated. A promise of forever…lost. But the tide is relentless and in the reeds something washes up. A flicker of a golden age. An elder god turns awakens. And his eye finds something…reptilian…

Wyld Ryde 3

Map: undetermined
Starting Provinces: 3
Independent Strength: 7
Special Site Frequency: 75
Money Multiple: 50%
Resource Multiple: 50%
Recruitment Multiple: 50%
Supply Multiple: 100%
Random Events: Common
Story events: Disabled
Score graphs: Disabled
Global Enchantment slots: 7
Artifact forging: Limited
Research: Standard
Random start research: off
Thrones: undetermined
Diplomacy Rules: undetermined

Claimants
pyrhic (Marignon)
Akaoni (Bogarus)
Strato (Ctis)
Kelan (Xibalba)
Ottthegreat (Jomon)
EvilSteve (Lemuria)

Things still in flux with WR3, so please test out and let me know what (or doesnt) works. In particular, i’m just thinking that resources will need to be bumped up to make some nations viable. Test and advise pls.

Also, submit your nation selections, first come, first served.

I’m up for another Wyld Ryde!

I’ll have to think about nations for a bit before making a choice. Late Age is probably my least played.

It would be a shame to be in 2 wylde rydes and not see it to the final of the trilogy. I am in for the Late Era, and will chose Bogarus as my nation.

Believe me, it was hard to resist the urge to go full monkey and snake again, I had a ton of fun as Patala in the anonymous game.

Wyld Ride 3:

Sign me up for C’Tis please. First time I’ve loaded up Dom 5 since I bought it!

A few random thoughts:
WR3:
Indie strength 7 is quite formidable when you only have 50% resources. I would suggest keeping the recruitment at 50%, and enhance the gold and resources to 75%.

And in the various newbie games, I fear that there might not be a lot of action going on. Very close proximity means people might be turtle/defensive, and not experimenting by attacking their neighbors. Or trying to hold out till the Horrors come. That way does not lead to a fun game, imho. Its much better if you get into the attack or defense of things.

Something wrong with my QT3Furies game guys. I couldn’t open the .trn file and so I requested the server to resend the file to me. I still can’t run it and what’s worse was that I lost my .2H file in the process. FML. Any advice how to proceed?

EDIT: I downloaded .2H file back from the email I sent to Llama. I still can’t open the the .trn file though despite naming it to early_tienchi.trn. What gives?

you shouldn’t have to rename the file? if i got you correctly? you won’t be able to run a. 2h file, just a .trn file. do you have the .trn file in the right directory?

No. So what happened was I received my email and clicked “Download”, Windows asked me what program do I use to open .trn file, I had no choice but to choose the game itself to open. Needless to say that didn’t work.

It’s the first time this is happening after 25 turns I’m into this game. All previous .trn files worked normally except the latest one. Note that I rename it into early_tienchi.trn just to hope the game can recognize this file.

that’s strange. normally I just save the attached file into my game file. no “download”, no program call etc.

is the file appearing as a .trn attachment? can you save it rather than “download” it?