Dominions 5 - There is no I in team, but there is in Disciple

That’s where you’re wrong friend - it illuminates everything.

Yes, i’ll extend the timeline if we need to, but i’d rather wait for dfs to report first.

I’m open for ideas. Searching on “corrupted dominions” these days is an exercise in frustration that brings up a passel of articles about voting machine lawsuits.

The hits I get DO revolve around Llamaserver and earlier versions of dominions. They seem to imply that resending (possibly to a different e-mail address) will either work or not. In my case so far the answer is not. I’ve nuked the original directory and had the trn file download to a separate e-mail account. This has produced the same message that I had before.

I’m open to suggestions here.

@dfs I have sent an email to llamabeast. We are old friends. He is EU time so I might get an answer today. Definitely pause the game while we search out a solution. I also pinged you on Qt3 discord to discuss faster. And I can talk to the rest of the beta team.

@pyrhic The issue with rollback causing bugs was solved by Illwinter a few years ago. I have not seen any bugs caused by rollbacks since then and have used them fairly often.

It’s rollbacks, i tell you!

Also game extended 72 hrs while we figure out how to deal with this rollback issue

I kid, i kid…

I know! It used to be rollbacks but we pestered Illwinter hard to fix that. I got caught frequently with old memories from 12 years ago thinking they are still true in the game.

Now you disparage my old memories! I will not have this! Lord British take you!

Do we rollback the turn and try again? I know… I know… Now Pyrhic will try and murder me in my sleep*, especially as I decided to deliberately capitalise the name… If we roll back, I’d say maybe a worldwide truce until we get past the turn corruption. Well excepting AI players that will do AI things like bash their heads against a brick wall. I just wonder if there’s a funky mix between the game and game mods causing issues.

*Jokes on you, I don’t sleep.

Joke’s on you, I don’t try.

back to serious mode -if dfs can’t cure, than we really don’t have any choice but to try a rollback.

I saw the discussion of this happening. I didn’t see a formal declaration of which turn it would take effect. Would have been nice.

I confess I’m losing interest with one team dropped out and several long turns over the holidays. That may kill this for me entirely.

The Team hasn’t dropped out, so much as the empire fell. There were no actions left that Ur could take outside of holding a single fort that wasn’t the capital. At this point, there isn’t even the possibility of a last stand, since the bulk of the army was taken down during the fight for the capital.

So, nothing has changed at all as far as Ur is concerned, whether it is AI or not.

I think @belouski is still playing, but like myself, neither of us has a chance of victory. All we are doing is keeping a thin amount of provinces out of the hands of other players. Nothing more.

So, yeah, I think the term “dropping out” is a bit of a misnomer. There isn’t any more game to play.

Hang on guys. It has only been a day and llamabeast is 8 hours from me. Llamabeast has sent me by email a clean turn file for @dfs. dfs we can meet on discord or some other way to send the file.

The bug was at llamaserver per:
" Very occasionally, turn files get corrupted by the sendEmail function on LlamaServer. I have no idea why, but it must be some quirk of the particular file as it will consistently corrupt the same file. The solution is just for me to manually extract the file and send it myself.

[ 2:16 AM ]

Would be a terrible bug, but it only comes up every 6 months or so."

Tell that to the Ur unit sieging me.

Oh, that is really amusing.

All this time to prepare for war and spectre sieges a fort.

I’ve got my turn. Thank you Maerlande. I’ll turn it in w/in a couple hours.

Mictlan/Tnn/Bery…you better have something else up your sleeve.

You may not have noticed, being too busy making decisive counter-attacks, but Mictlan don’t have these things called “sleeves.” Our priests definitely prefer the naked arm approach.

Folks, the game is live, Ulm has submitted their turn. So the turn deadline is tomorrow (or tonight depending on your locale)

Could you please give me another 12 hours on the clock? I have been out most of the weekend and can get my turn done in the morning. Thanks!

done.

I’m writing a chronicle, but I find it difficult to list current binding diplomatic agreements. According to my notes, team Mictlan promised not to attack us until the end of the year, and teams Agartha and Kailasa are at peace forever. Or was it a NAP-3 agreement? Can involved parties clarify? And did I miss anything else?