Dominions 5 - There is no I in team, but there is in Disciple

I’m not sure about the map. I see above a map link but that doesn’t match the llama page map.

It should be the drop box version that was posted earlier.

I’m seeing the “Old Kingdom” map above. But that’s not the map showing on llama.

This one @Maerlande

Starting now.

All Diplomacy must be conducted in this thread! Also, Diplomacy is not binding, but everyone will know when you break a NAP, I’m sure. (except trades. Trades are always binding).

Of course, all team chat is internal. All of it.

So, I’m having trouble with the map. Not sure what is going on, since I used the same map to create trial games. Anyone else having similar issues?

what do you mean by problems?

The provinces aren’t showing up within the provinces of the map.

Also, for some reason, Dominions isn’t recognizing folders I’ve created in the savedgame folder.

Yes, I do. The path to the adjacent land province is blue as if it was water, for example:

map

yup, the map file or tga is not the correct one. I would guess one’s from the corrected and one’s from the original

I’m pretty sure I uploaded the corrected one, since I rarely access the files that I’ve saved from the steam work shop.

Tried the game with the original map, but that didn’t work either. I’m perplexed.

Got problems with the map as well.

So I think there’s something wrong between the tga that the server is using and the map file. From what i understand the tga is the graphic of the map, and the .map file is all the information (province numbers and connections etc). I noticed when i uploaded the map it didn’t ask for the tga file and i’m not sure why that is, as i would have thought both are necessary for the game.

I’ve tried uploading my version just now and started a 2 player game and got the same result…so something’s off either with my map version or the tga

Yeah the map is mangled. Something odd happening. It looks fine in map editor.

Okay, let me know if we find out anything more. If we can figure out what went wrong, I just recreate game and start again. Since we all have pretenders and disciples sorted out, it should not take long, but I guess we have to figure out the issue first.

ok, i know what the problem is…attempting remedy now. will let you know how it works, if my test works fine, i’ll load up the new file on the box and post here

ok, the test worked fine.

@legowarrior you can just start a new game, use the map at the bottom of the list called badbadday

Everyone you can download that full file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8strt7glsumjmk5/BadBadDay.zip?dl=0

Just extract the contents of that folder to your maps directory

tldr;

So i recalled that you could open up the map files in notepad to manually edit them. There’s also info there that isn’t directly accessible in the editor for whatever reason. A half dozen lines from the top of that file, the map file is referencing the floating archipelago targa. I changed the names of those files it was looking for, and then made a copy of those files and changed their names. When i went to create a game in llamaserver, i uploaded the new map file. It immediately shot back that it had no targa file by that name and asked that i upload the corresponding file.

I think when that map was originally uploaded, it was a different size (or perhaps not full wrap, or something like that) and somewhere down the line, the creator made a change to the map, but someone had already uploaded a version to llamaserver. So the underlying map is working properly, but the image above it that we’re clicking on isn’t aligned to that map.

Told you, too long ;)

So I can not move to the next provinces.