Doom

You know, if they included a few in-jokes like wall strafing, exploding barrels, the red key, or monster closets, it would be great. …Well, probably the ONLY great thing about the movie, but still.

gir

I bet the Rock gets billed as Dwayne Johnson, hoping that way fewer people will know he was in the movie.

You can be sure they wont, this is a movie based on doom3 - which has absolutley no qualities of doom whatsoever, excpet for monster closets.

You can be sure they wont, this is a movie based on doom3 - which has absolutley no qualities of doom whatsoever, excpet for monster closets.[/quote]

Even that is being generous. All I know is, the first two elements the director decided to axe was that it took place on Mars, and that it dealt with demons.

The trailer can’t possibly make this movie look more like a generic sci-fi action flick.

Rob Zombie music?

Actually, he’ll be billed that way if they don’t want Vince McMahon involved. Vince owns the name “The Rock,” so when Dwayne there uses it, McMahon is typically a “producer” on the movie.

you say that like that’s a bad thing

but it’s a generic sci-fi action flick with The Rock in it

i’m already in line

Its gonna be bad. it will rape one of my fav games from the past, ect ect. yet i know that when its released ill go watch it just like i did House of the Dead. Hopefully i wont feeling like a killing spree when i get done with this one.

Wrong game.

I’ll get back to you on that when it’s showing on cable.

Uh, no. That’s pretty much the opposite of ironic. Even the Aliens films can’t get Aliens right anymore, much less a C-grade director/film with a B-grade star (even though I like The Rock).

Wrong game.[/quote]

Now a UT movie I’d love. Something like Bloodsport with guns.

i’m already in line[/quote]

Thank you. I swear some of you must have had your Testosterone removed. Or you’re all girls.

Chris Woods

Wow! There’s no way that could suck!

Wrong game.[/quote]

Humm mabey I should not use such phrases lightly in light of current events.
Now bloodsport with guns is an idea, i think we should jump on that with both feet. One thing, if we where to do that we have to remove the 80s cheese; that movie was dripping in it.

But now it will be dripping in Skaarj blood!!!one

Okay, Bloodsport with guns - cheese. Maybe you’re not all girls.

Chris Woods

i’m already in line[/quote]

Thank you. I swear some of you must have had your Testosterone removed. Or you’re all girls.

Chris Woods[/quote]

Huh? The key word in my post was “generic”. I like movies that blow shit up with aliens and demons and guns and swinging from severed electrical conduits as much as the next guy, but I like good movies that make that stuff happen. Doom may end up being good, but the trailers make it look pretty dumb and that’s currently the only thing the movie can be judged by. So yes, my testosterone is fine. I have testosterone out the wazoo! I should probably get it checked out at some point.

That last scene in the trailer where the guy turns around seems to me like a monster closet spawning behind the player.