Doom

This looks both better and worse.

Hey, that looks exactly like a Doom 3 gameplay movie! I’m sure it will be horrible by any artistic standard but I’ve got to see it anyway. :lol:

That trailer was designed to get everyone who played the game to see the movie. Cheesy, but it could be fun.

And was I the only one who thought F.E.A.R. when seeing the walljump?

Hey, it’s got Rosamund Pike as Token Female Love Interest, and I liked her in that Bond movie, Never Kill Today Again Before Tomorrow Dies, or something like that.

Hooray for pinkys.

The trailier looks a lot better than I had even dared hope it would be. I’m defiately gonna be going to see this. I don’t expect anything great but it looks like it could at least be fun.

I’m not sure why someone would criticize the FPS shots. I thought they were very well done. The pinky looked great in 320x200.

Metacritic: 32
Rottentomatoes: 29

Hooooo boy.

I bet DOOM makes more money its opening weekend than “Serenity” did.
I really, really want to be wrong.

I really, really want to be wrong.[/quote]

There is no chance you will be wrong. DOOM will make more in its first weekend than Serenity has yet made, and probably will ever make, and of course it won’t be anywhere near as good a movie. Still, I’m going to see it.

There is no chance you will be wrong. DOOM will make more in its first weekend than Serenity has yet made, and probably will ever make, and of course it won’t be anywhere near as good a movie. Still, I’m going to see it.[/quote]

And that’s exactly why it’ll make more money than Serenity.

And look, it managed this level of critical failure with no known assistance from famed director Uwe Boll.

Hey, it could have been The Fog.

:lol:

There is no chance you will be wrong. DOOM will make more in its first weekend than Serenity has yet made, and probably will ever make, and of course it won’t be anywhere near as good a movie. Still, I’m going to see it.[/quote]

And that’s exactly why it’ll make more money than Serenity.[/quote]

Not really, since I saw Serenity twice.

Come on, surely nobody expected Doom to get good reviews? Most film reviewers hate action movies, let alone those in a fantasy/sci-fi setting. That doesn’t mean it can’t be fun…

Doom is a very fun movie. It’s silly in parts, and there’s some groaners, but most of it is just genuinely entertaining.

I was pleasantly surprised by DOOM. It’s certainly not a brilliant film by any stretch – it’s by-the-numbers sci-fi/action/horror, and there are a few WTF?! moments – but it’s competent and has some fun stuff, especially if you know the games.

I doubt I’ll buy the DVD when it comes out, but I felt I was entertained for 100 minutes I was there.

Sluggo says: 2.5 / 4 stars.

Shame on you for paying to see this crap.