Drox Operative 2

Ooo, twin stick option sounds nice. How do you feel about the gamepad support at this point? Would you say it’s playable with a gamepad, or would a gamepad be more of an accessory you use alongside M/KB?

I played the first game primarily with a gamepad, can’t WAIT to try this twin-stick option.

With the twin stick option, dpad moving between all of the ui elements, and the virtual keyboard, you can now completely play with just a controller. I still have a few things to smooth out like making the direction the dpad moves to next ui element a little more consistent and making it easier to pick up components.

Awesome. Click-to-move control schemes are one of my major complaints with so many ARPGs, the genere begs for WASD/gamepad in my personal opinion which is one of the things that drew me to the first Drox Operative initially. Twin stick is even better, really looking forward to playing it that way once you hit 1.0 (I’m trying to hold off playing too much more in EA because I already sunk a lot of hours into a game that’s improving significantly week by week!).

Version 0.819 is out: changes.

This patch adds more planet bonus icons, fixes quest xp, makes it easier to meet power load component requirements, makes it easier to get crew, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Another week, another round of solid improvements. Nice!

After 4 months of Drox Operative 2 early access, I’ve posted another update talking about all of the changes from the last month.

Good work, nice to see improvements on the controller and high DPI support. Is anyone playing with controller on 4K screen?

Looking forward to picking this up once it’s done.

I still think the skills need some rework- I’d make some of the higher end stuff more fun/cooler, and I’d perhaps have Drox Quests and victories give 1 bonus skill point.

Version 0.820 is out: changes.

Better 4X info! Patch 0.820 of Drox Operative 2 is now available. This patch gives the player more info on race ship tasks & destinations, race production, and planet values, adds race icons almost everywhere race name is displayed, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Steven, you are just so knocking it out of the damned park with all these patches. Thank you!

Version 0.821 is out: changes.

This patch adds textures for the new planet types, balances a bunch of things better, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Version 0.822 is out: changes.

Rebels! This patch adds rebels as a playable option, makes all of the rebel factions more interesting and unique, fixes a memory leak, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Version 0.823 is out: changes.

Anomalies! This patch adds more anomaly variety, adds new anomalies that trigger when the player gets too close, adds a bunch of anomalies that give semi-permanent bonuses, adds several new icons, and fixes a few other more minor issues.

Version 0.824 is out: changes.

This patch gives race specific slots more options, gives components layout more meaning, and fixes a lot of other more minor issues.

Version 0.825 is out: changes.

This patch adds a planets screen so the player has better access to planet data, makes structure more powerful, and fixes a few other more minor issues.

The new Planets screen is awesome. Great job!

The planets screen should actually get better and better as I slowly add more functionality to it. :)

Version 0.826 is out: changes.

Spying! This patch adds spying to give the player more ways to cause havoc and allow another way (other than treaties) to get information on what the races are up to.

After 5 months of Drox Operative 2 early access, I’ve posted another update talking about all of the changes from the last month.