Drox Operative 2

Version 1.001 is out: changes.

This patch fixes anomaly radiation damage, races not signing treaties sometimes, some escape pod issues, and a few other more minor issues.

Version 1.002 is out: changes.

This patch adds bonus components after max level, fixes a long standing marine issue, adds new ambient music tracks, and fixes a few more minor issues.

2nd night in a row where I stayed up way past bed time playing. Grats on the release! Just like the first game, I end up getting pulled in. Maybe just one more sector… 😂

I have been playing this regularly co-op with a buddy, since Beta and now after release. We really like the loot and ship customization. We are slowly increasing the galaxy size to see the dynamic interactions. So far Medium has been a sweet spot, we can finish in a 2-3 hour long session. Sometimes the Drox quests are achievable and then we complete 2-3 and win. Sometimes the Drox quests are harder (eg, make the weakest faction the most powerful) and we dont even try to finish them within the 45 min Drox timer, and we try other Win conditions. (Economic seems impossible to win on Medium galaxy size, and I suspect harder on larger galaxies.)

These characters are still less than 25th lvl, so we play on Normal difficulty but then set the galaxy level to +2.

My friend plays a fighter carrier and enjoys the passive damage. I play a missile carrier, and I like how the missiles auto-follow the target. Neither one of us enjoys manually targeting weapons.

This is one of the finest A-RPGs we have played. The space setting works very well. The game is stable and co-op works perfectly.

WAIT DID YOU SAY CO-OP???

Pretty much all Soldak games have excellent co-op!

Indeed, which is why I’ve been trying to convince Steven to add 2 player local support.