Drox Operative 2

I have been playing this regularly co-op with a buddy, since Beta and now after release. We really like the loot and ship customization. We are slowly increasing the galaxy size to see the dynamic interactions. So far Medium has been a sweet spot, we can finish in a 2-3 hour long session. Sometimes the Drox quests are achievable and then we complete 2-3 and win. Sometimes the Drox quests are harder (eg, make the weakest faction the most powerful) and we dont even try to finish them within the 45 min Drox timer, and we try other Win conditions. (Economic seems impossible to win on Medium galaxy size, and I suspect harder on larger galaxies.)

These characters are still less than 25th lvl, so we play on Normal difficulty but then set the galaxy level to +2.

My friend plays a fighter carrier and enjoys the passive damage. I play a missile carrier, and I like how the missiles auto-follow the target. Neither one of us enjoys manually targeting weapons.

This is one of the finest A-RPGs we have played. The space setting works very well. The game is stable and co-op works perfectly.

WAIT DID YOU SAY CO-OP???

Pretty much all Soldak games have excellent co-op!

Indeed, which is why I’ve been trying to convince Steven to add 2 player local support.

Version 1.004 is out: changes.

This patch decreases the cost of skills, fixes consumables moving on the hotkey bar, opens up next challenge sector for all characters when one is won, and fixes a few more minor issues.

Version 1.005 is out: changes.

This patch fixes some hotkey issues, makes enemies using missiles more dangerous, makes chips stronger, fixes a bunch of UI issues, and fixes several more minor issues.

Version 1.006 is out: changes.

This patch adds donators to the credits page, makes starting starbases more common, fixes several small UI issues, and fixes a few more minor issues.

Version 1.007 is out: changes.

This patch improves targeting some, makes fighter regen shields faster, adds a few Patreon things, and fixes several more minor issues.

I have to say, after not having played since prior to the 0.9 beta, there were tons of improvements all around when I fired the game up again last week. Even some implementations of suggestions I remember submitting here or on the Soldak forums, which was neat!

Made a new Drakk carrier ship. Love the improvements to minions. Also noticed the optional stat requirements for some gear (as in, an item might have a requirement of structure OR tactics) which makes things much more flexible. And bonus stats from Command investment now count towards stat bonus tiers, yay!!

Great work on improving what was already a solid game.

Version 1.008 is out: changes.

This patch fixes some XP inconsistencies, a potential crash, some unique monsters issues, and several more minor issues.

Version 1.009 is out: changes.

This patch fixes a crash, a couple slow downs, and a bunch of skill/component issues.

Version 1.010 is out: changes.

This patch fixes a crash, adds a fighter sorting option, adds a couple Patreon components, and fixes a few other minor issues.