Dumb NFT bullshit: Andy Warhol stuff sold by Christie’s

With worse art they bought on fiverr.

How about $150,000 to buy a pixel avatar?

DC sent me some nonsense about giving me a free NFT for something comics related.

Looks like Steam may be deciding not to allow games that use NFTs on their platform. (Did any?)
Steam bans games that allow cryptocurrency and NFT trading | Engadget

Things move fast. Now EGS is open to NFT games because Steam isn’t.

This discussion had nothing to do with NFTs but I still laughed.

“It’s worth $16k!”

I mean. No. No it’s not.

It would be sad if they weren’t all such cunts, so instead it’s just funny.

Twitter will supposedly be verifying that you have a real NFT in your Ethereum wallet. Took zero time to figure out that anyone can mint an NFT that is indistinguishable from one of the expensive ones (not for free, because there are ‘gas fees’, but for cheap.). So now they are demanding that their Twitter status-symbols be verified against specific collections, so in effect they aren’t using the blockchain for authenticity at all.

It’s just ridiculous how much money has gone into this.

Late stage capitalism is so, so dumb.

Again, what ever in the history in the Internet suggests that the sacred respect of digital copyright would actually be a thing?

And yet these asshats are “minting” millions of dollars out of this bullshit.

An NFT isn’t actually a copyright. It’s nothing.

Meanwhile…

It’s called Content Credentials, and NFT sellers will be able to link the Adobe ID with their crypto wallet, allowing compatible NFT marketplaces to show a sort of verified certificate proving the art’s source is authentic.

From the article:

In other words, I could right-click on an existing image of an NFT and mint it again myself, potentially fooling unaware buyers. While Adobe’s system won’t prevent art theft, it does offer a way to prove that the NFT you’re selling isn’t stolen — past that, it’s up to buyers to decide how much value they place on that.

I don’t know how these idiots manage to feed and clothe themselves without just falling over and randomly flailing QWOP style.

This is absolutely the perfect take on NFT/crypto bullshit. Well said!

Tungsten starts with T. Tulip also starts with T. Coincidence? I think not. These crypto folks know what’s what. The Tungsten boom is coming, buy now and you’ll have your second lambo in no time.

Molyneux was ahead of his time.