Dune: Imperium forum game

As @newbrof predicted, I play Space Travel to go to Heighliner and pay 6 spice for 5 troops and two water 💧💧. I put all five troops in the Conflict.

I also get +1 influence with the Spacefreaks which gets me their Alliance token, +1VP, and 3 solarises.

I now have:
3 water 💧💧💧
7 Solarises
no spice
Five troops which are all in the conflict

Over to @Ginger_Yellow

Oh, and Space Travel allows me to draw a card. I will do that when I get home from work and post under spoiler.

I play Dagger to go to the High Council.
I pay 5 Solari, which lets me use my leader power to draw a card.
It is:

XXXXXXXXX Dune, The Desert Planet XXXXXXXXXX

Board state:

House @Dave_Perkins is up

I grab some popcorn and watch the conflict play out… what’ happens happens.

Interesting to see people go all-in on conflicts so early in the game. Location control is nice, though.

Oh I draw a card and it is

THE STABBIEST OF STABBY DAGGERS

Btw, this showed up today:

Not sure why I buy into these miniatures boondoggles. I think I like the wooden pieces better. Although I guess I could airbrush-paint these things easily enough: black Emperor, purple Bene Gesserit …

wow, cool. Now you have your own private Highliner. Not sure if this game needs minis at all. Maybe the agents could be nice to have minis for.

nah, I am training 6 troops in the barracks right now. They will be better than even Sardaukar when I throw them in battle. Eventually

House @Dave_Perkins. I have to go to bed right now, I expect your report by the morning ;)

Ooh, nice. Game doesn’t need minis, but man - would be seriously tempted if I fell over that anywhere.

Reconnaissance to reach Carthag

• gain cube, push to combat
  • gain intrigue card @Perky_Goth

Play Secrets of the Sisterhood intrigue

• up one on BG track
  • gain vp

@newbrof

To The Victor - When you win a Conflict, gain 3 spice ### oh, my, that goes well with the other one. yes, it was shuffled, went ahead and shuffled all at once

I put some more Hardy Warriors for training into the garrison via Spice Hunters (I have 8 troops training now). This costs me 1 water, but my new influence with the Fremen gives me back +1 water and the alliance with the Fremen (+1VP).

I have 1 water, 1 spice and 2 sol in my backpack.

back to @brooski

I knew I should have done that before the council. Oh well at least I have a better idea of troop strength in the conflict now

Indeed!

I Reveal Foldspace, Seek Allies, and two Daggers (I have an extra card because I drew a card) and buy nothing. I have 2 attack in my Reveal so my strength is 12 total.

Over to @Ginger_Yellow

I play Signet Ring and go to Hagga Basin
I pay one water.
I claim two spice and one Solari for my Signet Ring power
I commit my last troop to the conflict (might as well force out some intrigue cards)

Board state:

@Ginger_Yellow if it’s not too much trouble, could you keep track of the current combat powers for each faction on the board? I mean after this turn, because I believe that since @Brooski revealed two daggers, then the combat stands at:

@Brooski 12
@Ginger_Yellow 8
@Dave_Perkins 6

I don’t think that I have four intrigue cards, as shown in the pix; I believe that I have three. And it looks like @Ginger_Yellow has two and @Brooski has zero?

@newbrof would you mind sending a pic of my draw pile, so that I don’t have to plow through the thread to deduce what’s in there? Also, if it’s annoying to spoiler my cards every time, you don’t have to. I trust the other players not to study my cards.

Edit: Actually, I don’t need the draw pile after all. My choices are narrower than I’d thought!