Dungeon Runners: Cool little 'Beer and Pretzles' MMO

A few months ago I thought that this game was made by the Blizzard group that went to NCSoft (known as NC OC because they are in Orange Country). But it was a mistake.

Those Blizzard guys are working on a completely different project while this other game has been in the work since forever. It had a development cycle longer than WoW and went through very deep changes (originally it was planned as an RTS-like).

If it had a dev cycle longer than WoW than it was totally revamped upon WoW’s release and subsequent success. The interface and graphics are exactly like WoW. Not that I’ve played yet, still at work, but the screenshots are unmistakably WoW-like.

Yeah, it changed name, development groups, gameplay. Pretty much everything.

But the point is that it still isn’t done by the Blizzard guys that went to NCSoft. Dungeon Runners last incarnation was made in Austin, while the “Blizzard” studios is in Cali.

I’m aware of all that. I stated “far as I know” as it’s possible that parts of the game were imported from other projects (and other countries) since DR is, in many ways, very much a sum of many parts.

The initial amount of art which is still in use in the game was created long before the release of WoW - from what I remember, a period of time between the release of Lineage and Lineage II/City of Heroes. I can’t speak for the decisions made to keep or alter the art during the years as those people are long gone. I do believe however that the idea is to keep with the themes that we currently have for anything newly generated.

— Alan

I’d like an invite if there are any left

-edit: removed email

Sent, enjoy.

wow, that was fast, thanks!!! Now to find a way to sneak out of work early!

If you have invites remaining, I want to run your dungeons ALL NIGHT LONG.

Edited because my email address is insecure. He doesn’t like to be seen in public. :(

Sent, enjoy. Better to do this via PM rather than spam up the thread guys. Also it keeps your email addresses more secure.

I’ve invited 13 people so far and only 2 have activated. Please activate your keys so more people can sign up. I only have one invite left until more people activate.

Ooh ooh pick me pick me! Why doesn’t anyone pick me until the end? cry

[Yes, I want an invite please]

I find your inability to follow instructions… disturbing.

I’ve gone ahead and entered my key. It told me to wait for an email about account activation, but my PlayNC account shows it active.

So, I guess I got me some invites now, if brothers are in need.

Be sure to activate all 3 keys. Each key is 4 invites, and you only get one character per key.

I’d be interested in one too.

Did you DL the client?

Also I’ve got more invites if anyone wants them. PM me!

If the PlayNC account shows it’s active you should be able to go ahead and DL the client and you’re all set after you install.

— Alan

I guess i could try this :)

Sending a PM to Marcus (Don’t know if Alan or Stusser still have invites left)

edit: thx Marcus :)

I’m all out of invites until some people sign up. I sent invites to 18 people total. If you PM’d me and didn’t get a response, PM marcus or mcbain. If you got an extra invite from me, give it to a friend!

So the game is pretty cool yeah its laggy but thats how its going to be. On my first run I had a piece of armor drop that said membership only but I was able to equip it just fine so I guess they haven’t implimented that just yet.

Yeah I don’t think any of the membership stuff is activated yet.

— Alan