Dungeons of Dredmor - Graphical Roguelike-ish Awesomeness

I’ve run into this a few times. The thing to do, is use or cast something that explodes. That will often move the top thing off the bottom. I’ve done this many times for teleport pads I accidentally moved when blowing stuff up and they end up under an immovable object.

Good idea!

Daggers really seem underpowered right now.

I’ve never tried going back into one of the graffiti dimensions. Is it possible to enter one that you’ve already completed? I’m thinking maybe I can go back and pull the levers after gaining 10 levels or so.

I’ve heard you cannot reenter a wizard dimension.

Tried this last night. It is true. It gives you a littles message to that effect.

If you’re desperate to grind through a bunch, lots of people have posted codes on various fora.

It seems that’s been addressed somewhat by the upcoming update.

I really need to stop playing in “can’t reload after death” mode.

Damn it.

Heh, it’s quite a quandry. Start with a brave face and say you’re going to be strong going permadeath, then you’re so attached to this character you’ve so carefully nurtured to have it wiped and thinking, “Why did I choose permadeath again”?.

Very nice summary of every time I play DoD, there.

The flip side is every time I reloaded a non-permadeath game, I had the nagging thought “This is now somehow, ‘not real’; I’m ‘cheating’ death, and myself of the challenge.”

Can’t win. Sigh. Love the game, nonetheless.

It really is incredibly less fun when not playing with Permadeath. It just feels grindy. Resist the urge.

Thanks for the Quest advice above, it helped a lot.

Especially the fact that I can zoom in the mini map…:)

Is that music from Chronotrigger in the Pocket Dimension?

Dbaum - how close are we to seeing that mega-patch?

also

WHAT IS THE 8-DAY OMINOUS COUNTDOWN FOR?!

1. Looks like Monday or Tuesday unless something explodes.
  2. No idea. :D

My most recent Going Rogue/Permadeath/No Time to Grind/Realm of the Diggle Gods game gave me this:

Staff-fighting
Crossbows
Artful Dodging
Tinkering
Piracy
Communist
Egyptian Magic

Made it level 8 so far, loving Piracy and the dodging especially. Between Swashbucking and Mists of the Corsair and all the dodge bonuses, I can stand toe-to-toe with a lot of enemies. Having maxed those and the weapon skills, I’m moving on to Egyptian Magic. I’m a bit confused about the Sandstorm, though. It says on the wiki that it has a chance to cast The Test of Time buff on me, but instead I keep getting The Ruin of Time. Am I missing something to use it right?

Nice!

Egyptian Magic has some issues - Ruin of Time is supposed to be a debuff applied to monsters while the player should receive the Test of Time buff. I’ve fixed this for the next patch, though using sandstorm copiously will have a chance of leaving an entirely different debuff on you as part of a nerfing.

(Also of interest: in Piracy, Broadside is revamped to be better and gets new sound.)

Is this the place for more interface whining?

Ok, I’d like a much better crafting interface, but that’s a lot of work, so never mind. What probably isn’t a lot of work, though, is the godforsaken Yes/No dialogs.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that maps to “yes, I want to disarm that”? Same story for a lot of the other dialog popups, which don’t seem to have keybindings.

The hitbox for quickkey slot #7 is very, very finicky at 1920x1200 with inventory scaling on. Once you manage to drag an item into/out of it works fine, but the first time seems to bizarrely ignore clicks. Like it’s really hard to get an inventory item to drag onto there.

People are doing some fun things with encrusting.

Lord Dredmor 360 NOSCOPE