E3 2016: Looking towards the future

Debut trailer for Arkane Austin’s Prey reboot, called Prey (2017), here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q38yi0NmAm0

Looked hecka good.

I just want to point out that Bethesda is specifically going out of their way to add scaling to everything in elder scrolls online, something they call “one tamriel.” They specifically say this will allow you to do everything at level 1. Apparently nobody told them this was fucking stupid in skyrim.

Prey looks damned cool. Arkane Studios are great.

Skyrim remastered (I forgot what they called it) looks much better than I was expecting. The changes in lighting and the addition of godrays really change the look and feel a lot.

Do we need to rebuy on PC? CDPR would give this away…

Arkane Austin is a former satellite studio, so only 25 staff members worked on Dishonored, the rest of the team are brand new. It’s running on Crytek. I personally think Human Head’s version looked much better. Arkane’s had more time, money and support so it’ll be interesting to see what they come up with. Shame they’ve been forced to use the Prey name though.

No, because the PC version already does all of this.

Upset that a rumored sequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order wasn’t mentioned at the Bethesda show? Me too. But, maybe it was:

Bethesda summary:

Dishonored 2 - New trailer, I like the new town.
Quake Champions - Arena shooter with various characters.
Elder Scrolls Legends - card game still in beta.
Fallout Shelter - New quests
Fallout 4 - New stuff for settlements and Nuka Cola World DLC
Skyrim Remastered - Godrays! Lighting! Better shaders!
Prey - New game by Arkane Studios, just happens to have the same name as some other game. Looks very cool.
Doom - First DLC multiplayer pack with three new maps coming.
Elder Scrolls Online - Dark Brotherhood DLC coming, as well as “One Tamriel”.

My favorite animation in the Dark Brotherhood gameplay. Assassin sneaks up behind someone taps him on the shoulder, then she stabs him in the genitals when he turns around.

VR: Fallout 4 coming to HTC Vive.
And a nice look at the in-game engine footage from Dishonored 2. Both a detailed look at the world and detailed gameplay footage. Kind of crazy that Emily gets a completely unique set of abilities different from Corvo.

Hmm, I thought Doom is also coming to HTC Vive?

What’s this One Tamriel thing?

Some sort of big expansion, I guess

Yeah, it’s essentially a new IP. Which is why I’m excited to see something completely new. However, it does have the Prey name. And yes, it is a shame that we never got to see Human Head’s Prey sequel.

Something about being able to go into any part of Tamriel from the beginning of the game, which is unprecedented, they say, for an MMOG, but something Elder Scrolls fans would expect.

It is scaling for everything so you can do anything and group with anyone, no matter what level you are. Dumb idea.

The expansion is the dark brotherhood thing which is maybe already out for PC.

It might not be terrible. I just subscribed to ESO and I like this idea in concept.

Well, it was a dumb idea when they did it in skyrim and Bethesda seemed to admit this at the time when they walked it back in future games (primarily due to fans constantly asking about it).

This is why i was so surprised when they announced they were actually implementing exactly what people did not like.

They just mentioned that the special edition content will be free for PC users who already own the game. He also mentioned that PC users probably had access to most of this stuff if they did a lot of the mods, but this stuff is all work from Bethesda themselves.

Yup. That’s an interesting wrinkle though. If they integrate the Bethsoft.net mods link in to the PC game, will they also be unlinking the Steam workshop?

Oh, I didn’t realize Skyrim did that. If it’s as seamless in ESO I doubt I’ll have issues with it.