E3 Season started early in 2023?

The Internet says Marathon is an extraction shooter.

that character was taking some loot at the end!

These last games are all being CG. boring.

Finally it’s revealed. I was told about it by an insider a long time ago.

Spiderman has a wingsuit. That looks fun.

This looks fantastic.

Not my thing but looks really good. And it had gameplay!

I can see why they saved that for last.

lol what a snorefest… sorry sony is losing it. i may prefer xbox, but even i know this isnt up to the sony standards. no reason to buy a ps5 for me… save me some money!

QTEs anyway.

Yep, looks like it is a streaming device.

Oops, I didn’t realize Phantom Blade 0 was a Chinese developer. No sense watching the trailer again because it will probably take 6 or 7 years to release.

Lots of great looking stuff in there. Stoked for Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Spider-Man.

Surprised we didn’t get anything on The Last of Us multiplayer game, or anything from Asobi, Sony Bend, or Sucker Punch.

Too early for Sucker Punch IMO. Asobi is probably a year out too. Obviously Spider-Man 2 is the biggie for this year and it was probably right to focus on that and all this other stuff. Only so much time for games. I’d rather it be 2023 stuff for the most part like this was.

I think games just take longer to make now. Plus there was a slowdown due to the pandemic too.

Useful url to have. Put it on the OP?

Holy crap, Talos Principle 2! That’s the best news I’ve had all week, I’m so there for that release.

For some reason it gave me a 403 error when I tried to put the link in the OP so I put a screen cap.

Next showcase in 14 days?! Back to sleep I guess. Waiting on SF6.

Summary

Fairgame$ : extraction shooter gaaas
Helldivers 2: now TPS, and with capes! Trying to make it more Destiny-like?
Inmortals: from EA, fantasy FPS
Ghostrunner 2: More of the same, now you drive a bike sometimes. Good if you liked the first one.
Phantom Blade 0: Cinematic Oriental third person action rpg with wuxia.
Sword of the Sea: Journey-Azbu-like
Talos Principle 2: Cool vistas, I liked the first game, but no gameplay.
Neva: No gameplay, from the Gris creators.
Foamstars: Splatoon without a Nintendo console.
The Plucky Squire: nice, promising indie.
Teardown: already on pc
Metal Gear Solid 3: remake or remaster
Towers of Aghasba: Survival/crafting game? Cool setting
FF16: It’s FF16
Alan Wake 2: it looks better than AW1, I’m interested
AC Mirage: AC return to the basics
Revenant Hill: quirky indie, sequel to Night in the Woods?
SF6: It’s SF6
Ultros: Platform game with cool aesthetic.
Tower of Fantasy: trying to get the Genshin Impact audience I guess
Dragon’s Dogma 2: It looks very much like Dragon’s Dogma but with better graphics!
VR Section
RE4, Arizona Sunshine 2 (not sure if this had real graphics or not!), Crossfire which is a mp FPS, and Synapse that looks like a FPS roguelite
end of VR Section
Marathon: CG, possibly an extraction shooter?
Concord: all CG, no idea of what it will be
Spiderman 2: It’s very much the same game as the previous two, but now with new abilities and stuff

That was probably the worst sony showcase I have seen. So much CGI fluff, so much GAAS, so much indie hipsterville, about the only game shown that I am excited about is Alan Wake II.

MGS3 remake is apparently some 4 years away, what a lame way to present it.

Tried it twice, gave it some 10 hours of my life in total, but found it just so unengaging. Sadly the trailer for the sequel looks like trailer for an expansion, exactly the same looking game with slightly better graphics.