Eador Imperium

This was unexpected.

I would hope the Snowblind guys learned from their experience in the making of the first two, not to mention Gremlins, Inc. Maybe they found a way to cut down on the grind.

They talk about new gameplay systems, but there’s also this:

Full version of Eador. Imperium is going to feature a brand new single player campaign, about 15 more new units and a new gameplay system based on Masters and rituals, all in addition to original Eador content.

so I’m not sure what to expect. I’ll be watching it closely, however.

I will probably pick it up this weekend and give it a go.

There also appears to be quite a few new new hero classes to try which could be interesting.

I wanted to love the last one so badly and maybe I simply did not give it a sufficient try. I think I had about three false starts. I’m wondering if some tweaking and ironing out of things will make it something into which I can really sink my teeth.

Hey, I really liked this (thought like Tyjenks I didn’t get as into it as I wanted and I probably had two or three starts that didn’t go anywhere) and hope it turns out amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Installing right now. :)

Keep us posted.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I will check it out for sure.

Given that every two months or so I fall down the Eador rabbit hole again (most recently the New Horizons mod), I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before I get this…

I was surprised, too, when I noticed this on Steam last night. I was even more surprised when I searched for it on GOG.com and it wasn’t there–only the first two games in the series. Perhaps GOG Connect will add to my GOG library.

Eador bounced off me, but I’ll be curious to see how this evolves. I liked the idea of Eador so much, it’s just something about the implementation that bored me and so more units and different gameplay seem like good things.

Eador is good fun, but this expansion doesn’t seem to offer that much, but new heroes are welcome I guess. I’d love to see a whole different race to play with…

AM downloading it now, hopefully I’ll get a chance to play it this weekend.

I liked Eador quite a bit, but I had to abort 3 campaigns or so because the game would get into a funky state and crash.

Any feedback?

Eador: Imperium is available from GOG.com and a discount is given if the purchaser has bought either of its two predecessors. I have purchased it but haven’t installed it yet, so no feedback here, sorry.

I got a 30% discount for it on Steam, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. MOTBW was still really clunky the last time I tried to play it, so I am concerned by its performance. I’m also curious about the new “campaign.” I was never going to finish the previous games’ campaigns, unless I could retire. However, I’m hearing a lot of grumbling about the new one.

I still haven’t had a chance to spend much time with it. I did install and play it a bit back in June, but it was really limited then with no campaign and only one hero available so I decided to wait.

Ah! So it just came out of early access? I had no idea. Looks like it was just released 3-4 days ago there. I really want to try out Conan, but may try to fit in time for this sometime this week since I already own it.

Is this a stand-alone expansion or does it require the previous version? Does it add anything new to the mix?

99% sure it’s standalone.

• All new and handcrafted story campaign, bringing a fresh approach to the Eador formula.
  • New heroes, new units and unique Shard worlds offer even more strategic possibilities and unexpected challenges.
  • The ultimate Eador game: Imperium includes all original content from Masters of the Broken World (not counting the campaign).

Previous owners on Steam should check, because I got one in my mailbox as well.