Earfquake!

I didn’t feel a thing either and I’m also kind of disappointed!

Downgraded to a 6.4, apparently. As per the other thread, I also did not feel the earth move for me.

Based on the shakemap very localized.

It was based like 170 outside of Vancouver and 50 miles underground. Those kinds of quakes don’t propagate to the surface accept highly localized areas or super-loose terrain.

— Alan

My windows were rattling and felt a small vibration here in Vancouver, that’s about it thankfully.

I had the exact same reaction to the East Coast quake. After finding out there had been a quake that was felt by many of my friends and family in the area, I was kinda bummed that I felt nothing whatsoever.

Yeah, I should be thankful it was a non-event, but dammit, there’s only going to be so many earthquakes felt in NC in my lifetime and I feel I “missed out” on one of 'em.

Yikes, apparently this was felt rather strongly in a downtown Bellevue skyscraper. Didn’t feel a damn thing here in Redmond. Actually I am reassured that my home and office are evidently on bedrock.

Just had a decent-size 15 second jolt + roller in NoCal…USGS says 4.2.

Downgraded to 3.9… originated right in Berkeley, somewhat shallow.

Felt it bigtime in the city. The floors in the new building are somewhat bouncy (they even shake when people walk by in certain spots), though the building itself feels pretty solid (it’s a squat long six-story). So when the quake happened the floor really shook. Lasted about two seconds but man, that was pretty decent for a 3.9.

— Alan

Yeah, here in North Oakland it was like big trucks hit my apartment building for about 3 straight seconds. Scary!

Another one

Yah, felt that one too. Getting creepy around here…

Oh, and this afternoon’s was upgraded to a 4.0

EDIT: USGS says 4.2 on this latest one.

Oh man it just happened again, right in the same area and depth. That felt a bit more powerful. We bounced a bit more at the office.

— Alan

Hope these aren’t foreshocks, but since they’re getting bigger it might be a good idea to start taking some breakables off the shelves – and maybe go buy some water.

EDIT: Looks like the latest one was just downgraded to 3.9.

No kidding. That same area has been shuddering all day too.

— Alan

Downgraded again to a 3.8.

The seismologist lady on TV said to mellow out…small quakes don’t often predict much.

Nobody is suggesting panic in the streets or anything, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. Yea they’re tiny and all, and California gets a ton of quakes this size all the time. Probably nothing big to worry about, it it doesn’t hrut to go load up on ammo, barbed wire and a zombie survival guide, just in case.

Which is why I keep a pump shotgun and a machete under my pillow.

Seismic zombies. The worst kind of zombie?

The Japanese government has decided to start drinking Fukushima basement water.

Link