Earfquake!

Drinking water from Fukushima appears particularly idiotic since it is likely that fuel in the complex is still going critical sporadically. Amazingly interesting story:

7.4 Mexico city.

Well, a bit south of it.

One of my colleagues is on vacation in Mexico right now. I wonder if they felt it?

They’ve been reporting it all during the Lakers games, and I was kinda shocked that no one mentioned it here yet.

Small 4.0 earthquake off the coast here in LA last night but nothing too exciting. Windows rattled, walls rumbled for a few seconds. My daughter’s first quake though in her 6+ months of life!

Didn’t feel a thing in Pasadena.

Not that I’m complaining…

I slept right through it. I feel like I belong here!!

We’re falling into the sea!!! Two quakes in a row now, 4.4 last night and 4.5 a little bit ago. Good times!

Humorously enough I’ve not felt a one of 'em.

Seriously! I am in Redondo Beach and felt none! My daughter is at home and she felt it (2 miles from me) and my Mother in law keeps calling my wife and freaking out but she is a bit south in Garden Grove.

I’m not far from you in The Gundo, but last night up at my home in Koreatown, I slept right through 'em.

I get freight trains coming by my house several times a night that do about that much.

Yeah, I’m in Costa Mesa, felt the first one at 11PM last night, but it was a quick bump, so no biggie. And then I thought I felt another one this morning, but couldn’t even distinguish it from a truck going by.

I must have missed the one this morning but the one last night was hard to miss.

;)

Hey, I love it here. It’s not Santa Ana!

It could be worse, you could be in LA.

I felt the 11pm one just fine last night in Aliso Viejo. I know that when I lived in Redondo Beach for years that bedrock that Redondo is on made it really hard to feel many of the quakes (especially sub 5’s).

~C~

Looks back at my 5-30 post - same again. Didn’t feel a thing here in Pasadena. But Yorba Linda is on the far side of some hills, so a fairly shallow earthquake there is mostly gonna bounce off and not make it through that strongly in my direction.