Ebook Bargains

Yeah I was trying to not spoil the root of the storyline. So I went with a generic description that kind of covered it.

It’s explicit from pretty much page one, though. All* the supers have gone bad.

*As far as we know starting out.

I know there are many here who enjoyed Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky. The 2nd book in that series Children of Ruin is on sale for $4.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H29P76R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks – I just finished Children of Time so I may grab this.

However, I think Children of Ruin is the second book in the series, with the third, Children of Memory, coming out in January.

I didn’t like Children of Time as much as most people seemed to, but what the heck, I’m on board for the second book.

Thanks, corrected.

Scalzi’s Kailua Preservation Society $2.99 (and apparently Redshirts also on sale)

Kaiju Preservation is worth about $3 IMO (and I’m a Scalzi fan) but Redshirts is a must-own for sci-fi fans IMO.

I felt like Kaiju Preservation Society was a fine idea for a short story of about 25 pages but Scalzi milked that sucker for a 250 page novel. In his defense he did admit to some serious writers block and distraction issues before writing it. Not his best work IMO. But some people like it!

That must have been a one day sale that ended shortly after you posted because it is dead now.

The gorgeous Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, is just $3 today. It’s a novel of the short-lived Republic of Biafra.

Yeah, it appears as if a lot (all?) of the deals this week are 1 day only. (Was about to post that Eco’s Focault’s Pendulum was on deal, but that was yesterday only)

Hop on pop if you see one you want!

The newest Dargonlance book - Dragons of Deciept by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman is on sale for $2.99.

Stephen King’s The Institute for $3.99
https://www.amazon.com/Institute-Novel-Stephen-King-ebook/dp/B07N943MFX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=346ZZHU4RHI4F&keywords=the+institute+stephen+king&qid=1670399280&sprefix=institute%2Caps%2C462&sr=8-1

I’m slightly annoyed; I picked up the first three books of The Expanse when they were on sale some time ago on Amazon. I noticed today that the final three books are on sale, but the middle three are not. Wrestling with whether I should just buy the damn things, knowing I’ll get to them eventually but having to wait until I pick up the middle three. Anyway, if anyone else out there has been waiting on the last three books, they’re $2.99 today -

I’m not sure if I should get that either.

The original 3 are a trilogy, a complete story.
Book 4 is an independent adventure. I loved it more than the original trilogy.
Book 5 is the start of a new series of events, it was okay.
Book 6 is where I got stuck. The POV switches over to the “bad guys”, and I just got so bored, I couldn’t read anymore. I tried skipping the bad guys’ chapters, and found I had no clue what was going on anymore, so I gave up.

Following that link, it looks like Books 7, 8, 9 are on sale, the ones I don’t have. Kind of tempting, I suppose, if I could finish Book 6 somehow?

Thanks for that. I’m only on book 3 but I picked them up.

Another annoying thing is how bad Amazon is at managing series. Why can’t I just click on “the expanse” and see all the books.

I was able to do that? I got this result:

One more thanks for posting that, I had stopped out of 7 (just because 8 came out at a bad time) and those are great deals to get around to finishing.

For those who have started reading “The Final Architecture” series by Adrian Tchaikovsky, the second book is on sale today. The series is pure space opera and I liked the first book so getting this one was a non brainer. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FJPJLH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well shit. I guess that was my grumpy old man confused by technology moment for today.