Elden Ring: a thread specifically for spoilers

Yeah, I recommend it for sure. Would be fun to keep doing it and progressively using less powerful starting characters and equipment until you do it with Wretch.

The Wretch might have a good weapon for that fight though - with strike damage and all

Use Holy resist armor and items. Use the perfume that let’s you tank a free hit - if you use the mimic summon he will also use the bubble perfume. The fight is a longer one regardless of what your build is, so it’s more worthwhile to learn it’s attacks. There are several long low swipes that can be jumped over. Several holy attacks which can be evaded.

This. It felt hopeless until I started focusing on damage negation specifically Holy and Physical. Then I stood a chance.

So now I saw the guy with the arcane blood build fight Malenia, damn, combined with his mimic that wasn’t even a fair fight. Wow that build is OP. He also used the Dragon Rot incantation, which I would have thought wouldn’t work against her. But it worked.

Got any links to the guy and his build?

This is interesting:

Whoa that’s awesome!

Episode 42 of Gamefront VOD. I used to watch a lot of Gamefront stuff but lately one of the guys who records has become a little too goofy for me. This guy isn’t a great entertainer but he plays the game well.

The weapon he is using comes from the boss in the area you probably farm in.

I am on my phone or I would link it. I am not with that on a phone.

The part with the boss is probably 75% into the video.

Damn…I got rid of a lot of those staffs to keep my Meteorite staff…oops.

For arcane builds, keep pumping arcane until you get the bleed buildup over 100, it’s usually around the low 40’s. That’s really the minimum for fast bleed procs, depending on weapon. At least 15 into faith for the rot, 60 vigor, 35+ endurance, I usually take my end to low 40’s so I can wear full Radaan or better. You can get away with 50 vigor, and about 32 endurance depending on charms you run.

It may not be so bad, the calculator is pretty much telling me “keep using the Meteorite for the next 20 hours”

Meteorite staff is good until you get above +13 on a few of the others, and it’s even better than that if you’re using primarily gravity spells. It’s entirely possible to get through the game with that staff.

Pretty cool, but he doesn’t really tell you how to create his build, does he?

I used to make that mistake. Selling my inventory for a few runes. Save everything. You never know when the need to try a new build will hit. I used to sell duplicates and I don’t even do that anymore. (Well, for armors I do just to de-clutter.

Not in that video but I noticed he is doing some build videos. A YouTuber named Fighting Cowboy currently has a series of videos showing how to build various builds. He also does very thorough walk thru videos.

I still sell duplicates but yea, I learned a long time ago when playing the DS games not to sell inventory items.

Agreed on never selling anything! You never what will be the next meta.

To declutter I just dump everything into the chest and pick out what I need when I respec.

I have been putting almost everything in storage except for my go to weapons as with the various boss combinations you never know what you will need, what works best.

Alright Elden Beast is down. Turns out his attacks aren’t that hard to dodge, except for that bullshit light ball that spews homing darts.

My strat, as a sorcerer with 70 INT:

• Use a Rune Arc with Morgott’s rune to pump HP (my with 40 Vigor this gave me 1875 HP). I was sitting on about 40 of these at the end of the game
  • +2 Holy Resist Talisman, Malektith armor set for Holy Resist
  • Get good at fighting Radagon with Black Knife Tesch and Moonveil. Basically summon Tesch, hit Radagon with a Moon spell to debuff magic, then beat down with Moonveil.
  • Elden Beast, use the classic Souls fat boss positioning strat of “attack its butt” Get right up in there.
  • Heal through your mistakes because you’re not getting 1-shotted now due to Margott’s rune.
  • Meteorite staff left hand, +10 Carian Regal Scepter right hand, spam Rock Sling til dead. It took maybe 10 casts to kill it.

Took me 2 tries with this strat after many, many attempts of swording it down with Moonveil and trying to sneak in a buffed Comet Azure blast. Nope, just throw rocks at him.

Malenia still hardest boss.