Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

I have no idea what’s going on in terms of the lore, etc. and I normally play open world games (such as Skyrim) with no goals at all, but rather just to explore. But I find myself in Elder Ring constantly seeking to get or upgrade the next best thing. Like, I HAVE to get Comet Azur. And now, Dark Moon. And I think once I finish off Astel I’ll be able to get up where I can get Black Night Tiche. So I’ll need upgrade materials for that. It’s a non-stop “gotta find” for me.

The area with the ants and rolling balls has upgrade materials. You may have missed a few if you didn’t check both routes.

Yeah, I think I got just about everything down there. Ants and those couple of ruins areas. I think I looked at every inch. Enough that I unexpectedly found the Wing of Astel in an out of the way location.

I guess this is a spoilers thread now. Holy shit!

I’m glad I am already past all that nonsense already. I beat the native planar bizzaro demon beast on like the second try. No estus left, YOLO Giant Hunt attack straight to the forehead FTW. Booya. Fuck yeah. I’m a winner!

I am still very tempted to respec because SPOILERS The Dark Moon Greatsword has been found!. But I probably won’t.

Sorry if I have spoiled anything. I forgot there were two ER threads.

Yeah sorry if I spoiled anything. I always feel like I’m way behind everyone

Yep…me too. Sorry for the spoilers.

I was being dramatic for effect.

For the record I don’t think anything much was spoiled outside of maybe boss names and their location, if that. :)

I’ve since arrived at the capital. And I hope I am done fighting raging bulls on everlasting cocaine AKA Fallingstar Beasts and those fucked up Tree-spirit worms that are constantly in an uncontrollable spasm… I’ve already killed like at least three or four of them each, and they are always super annoying to fight. No chill. If they do show up yet again I am immediately summoning my OP +10 Ash summons. Fuck off!

Maybe, maybe not.

I hate both those enemies. I eventually got where the Putrid Tree things weren’t too bad but I have never been comfortable fighting the FAllingstar enemy.

I already encountered another spasm snake. Couldn’t summon but I still dispatched it with haste. My weapon might just be OP.

I continue to stick with Giant Hunt as my Ash of War. Too good. I can completely destroy most everything with it and the great sword uppercut never get old. It’s now in all tense my signature move.

The capital is a sprawl. In hindsight the “Thieves’ Highway” allows you to avoid the danger streets and shortcut right to broadway.

What follows is super spoilers; don't read unless you already fully know the capital inside and out. I beg you (for serious):

FROM did it again. The source of Roundtable Hold exists outside of it, in the actual world. Cool once I realized, which took until I got to the actual round table room…and far easier to discover than in Bloodborne which I missed on my first playthrough.
Also, I let Dung Eater out of his cell. I already pegged him as the Yurt the silent chief/Lautrec…Super obvious homage: Someone in a jail cell who is gonna murder people, but here it’s almost a parody. Super overt. Forecasted even. You’re told directly this guy is gonna murder…I was gonna kill him in his cell right there, but didn’t for some reason. And…now he is gone and has a message back at base taunting me. What have I unleashed?

His quest line can play out a couple ways IIRC. So you may see him or you may not, and his gear is available along one of the tangents.

As for Bloodborne, I missed that as well.

For Bloodborne I think it is much more profound, but unfortunately at the same time requires much more stupid jumps.

I guess I need the pushback since I missed the wave. But…

Elden Ring IS Dark Souls 4.

No doubt.

Yea, once you get to Leyndell it becomes DS4.

The my pillow guy is in this game? Spoiler!

They’ll be born cursed, all of them. Along with their children, and their children’s children, heh, for all time to come…

In my defense my phone chose that spelling, so it’s not my fault. 🤡

I am not sure how you are suppose to know how the NPC quests in this game work without a guide. NPCs move around this massive game world. Without a guide you just have to get lucky and find them again.

Also, boy do you really need to keep a journal of notes. Even placing icons on the map really isn’t enough of a reminder. There’s so much to do and at the same time remember!

They’re on the map now, but on release you often had to hop around randomly and luck into seeing them.

The NPC stuff has been like that for every DS game, but they being more linear it was more likely you would run into them. As for a journal, it would be nice but not something FROM will do.