Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Gazrith the Dunmer’s revenge on three wolves. A 10 min clip pf the Serenity 2 Skyrim modpack in action. Not a perfect clip, its mostly me getting used to playing with a controller in third person using a new “directional movement” mod (not included in modpack). The reason the second wolf is wounded is because it killed me just before the clip. But a good showcase of the graphics and systems, and a decent look at low level play. It was tense because this my last life before the character save is locked (by an optional mod that I don’t recommend unless you are crazy).

I got True Directional Movement with Target Lock and SmoothCam working. I like to play with a controller in third-person mode. This looks and feels like a modern game.

3 min video, short. Two fights. Yes, I knew that wounded bandit was there - he had just killed me!

I’m really loving the TDM mod. The spells and arrow predictive shooting makes the game just a bit more fun. And Target Lock is just FUN.

Damn, I wish something like that could get added to the Xbox version.

I never play Skyrim in 3rd person. Does it always look like your character has a bum leg and you are sort of limping along?

I don’t do well in 3rd person mode, but I like that Bethesda added it.

It got just about better enough from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. I think the same size increment for ES6 would not cut the mustard.

To be fair, he DID take an arrow to the knee.

Heyoooooo!

I’m almost tempted to install Skyrim again.

So this has been doing for hours now, and it’s on download file 964 of 964, does this last file (xLODGen.83.7z) take a ton of time or something?

Some of the files are large. Check the total download size on the GitHub page, and compare to the mod download folder. He keeps that size very to date.

Wabbajack installer is pretty resilient. If you are unsure, or it fails, or if it crashes, just restart the installer and point it to the same directories. It will only download what is needed.

It’s not unusual to have to run installer a few times to get all files.

And yes, I seem to recall that one file was large.

Awesome thank you!

So I got Serenity installed and my god it feels like a whole new game from jump. Can’t wait to dive in. Thank you!

Awesome. Biggest thing to tweak is the ENB, based on your system specs. If it runs fine, leave it all on. If you need FPS, press shift-enter and tweak some settings.

I replaced the default Rudy w Cathedralist 2020, which for me had slightly better performance and also looked better.

Note that Requiem is different than Vanilla Skyrim. So poke around for Requiem gameplay changes or tips if you hit a wall. Stick near Riverwood and Whiterun while you get a feel for things. You are not (yet) the hero of Skyrim.

Keep us posted. :-)

Had whoops I went straight to Solitude

Experiment all you like. Most major cities are fine. But they may give quests into higher, static leveled areas. The benefit of the “starter cities” is that the quest areas around them are lower level. Ask if you (or anyone) want specific tips.

I play a limited lives mod (Ashes) so I have spent an enjoyable 40 hours around these starting areas. :-)

Quick tips for the starting levels in Serenity 2, or Requiem in general. Not a massive spoiler, but maybe useful for people who have a hard time getting past the early game. It me a few times to figure this out.

Wolves around Riverwood. Bandits behind Whiterun. Embershard Mine. Redoran’s Retreat. Get a blessing from Arkay. Visit the Guardian Stone. Read every book. Pick and sell components for cash. Hit Helgen / Riverwood / Whiterun for the main quest XP. Take Missives for the easier deliveries.

Avoid Bleak Falls Barrow until you are much higher level, 15+.

I’ll just start a new character then. Thank you!

K so I just followed any gut and am now a new recruit at the College of Winterhold! Great stuff so far!