Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

Oh sweet thanks! Very good. Purchasing :) Thanks SO much sir!

@BrianRubin did you pick up any of the supplements (Super Traders, Exploration, Military, Espionage)?

Nope, but I likely will in time.

Actually it looks like they might just be pre-order right now.

Naaah, it’s OK, I don’t really have a crowd to play pen and paper RPGs with–it would just gather dust.

Isn’t the point of pen and paper rpgs to read the books, make a bunch of characters, and then never play them?

I have a huge folder on my OneDrive with RPG .pdfs- mostly that I picked up of off bundleofholding.com sales. I enjoy reading them and fantasizing about playing, but I don’t want a huge bookshelf full. I’m very disappointed that that ludicrous Invisible Sun project from Monte Cook supposedly won’t have a digital version it looked interesting.

I do love reading RPG books, even though I’ve no time to be in a group.

For anyone else that uses voice attack + HCS voice pack(s), and had trouble with 3.0 and not having commands do anything. They have a program now for setting up the keybinds. After you have the latest voice pack update installed, you fire up voice attack, get it into listen mode, and then say “Protocol override, customize my settings” to get the program to pop up. Then toward the bottom there should be a button to create a binding, and you can choose the hotas you have or how you are playing. Apparently the latest HCS stuff allows you to have different voice packs running for different things (crew positions). So you can have Capt. Kirk, Data, and everyone else chatting with you. Once you have the binding created you should be able to find it listed in the presets in the control settings to select it.

I don’t know if it is just me or if something changed, but I’d almost swear things are looking better than I remembered the last time I was flying around in vr. Had some fun doing some trade runs, and now running around in my dbx grinding some exploration to save up for an aspx. Found some thing called road to riches, which uses edsm data to plot you a course around to different systems with high value scans. Should net me about $70M when I finished the journey. Was using oculus dash to have a window of the website posted out of the way, but where I could look to see what was my next destination.

When I was doing the trade runs with my type-6 I decided to play with a docking computer. I never realized how efficient they are at getting you docked.

One annoying thing I ran into while exploring is that if you have filtered out certain system types in the galaxy map, if you type in a system name that is a system type that you’ve filtered it will not find it nor tell you why. Took me a while before I figured out what was going on.

Latest big update improved graphics in the non-VR version, so there’s a good chance some things have been improved in VR as well.

Exploration payouts got a pretty big buff. You can just cruise around & scan high metal worlds or better and be guaranteed a good payout. You dont really need the road to ritches (although it does pay out well).

It took me a weekend on a brand new account to go from nothing to a maxed out engineered diamond back explorer with a 60 ly jump range equipped for anything even that was casual, just cruising around in an adder scanning stuff.

Oh while out there scanning do get in close to planets whenever it takes your fancy, some of the new terrain work on landable worlds is lovely.

I figure I will finish up my exploring run tonight or tomorrow, and should be able to get an aspx fully kitted. I haven’t look at the new missions much yet. I did do a bulk delivery one, and saw that you could choose between 3 different rewards ($, rep, and I don’t remember the 3rd maybe some materials?).

Yeah the new mission stuff is nifty!

Oh, wow. Watching a stream, and apparently there are tunnels on planets that the Thargoids have that you can take your srv into?

Yeah… dont get your hopes up. The Thargoid & Guardian bases are disappointing. But sure you can go there and drive around in them. To me the whole Thargoid stuff has been a massive waste of time for Fdev. But some folks seem to enjoy it and they are worth visiting once. Make sure you stock up on the relevant missions before you do though, to get the payouts.

Yes, I’d rather they spent the resources and improving the game, and fleshing out the systems they already have.

Edit: Are things like the bulk cargo ships, and survey ships a new thing? Ran into a couple of those yesterday.
I guess they were introduced with 2.3

The megaship things? yeah they are new. Usually you will need them for farming materials for engineers later.

@BrianRubin apparently one elite rpg isn’t enough for the world:

https://daftworks.co.uk/eliterpg/index.php/Landing_Pad

Christybunch. What the hellfire is that?

It almost sounded like he was one of the people that backed Elite Dangerous at the Writers’ Pack level (not positive though). My worry would be this is his first published rpg.