Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

Maybe this would be the first step to No Man’s Skying E:D? That would be somewhat weird but awesome.

Polygon spoke with lead designer Gareth Hughes to learn more about Elite Dangerous: Odyssey . To hear him tell it, a game long derided as being a mile wide and an inch deep is about to get a whole lot deeper.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but like @schurem I will almost certainly be buying it.

Is Odyssey a coming paid expansion?

Also, when am I getting the Horizon content for free?

IIRC Horizon gets rolled into the base game on October 27th.

Great, I just re-installed this and the Frontier launcher won’t work!

edit: it seems to work if I run it as Administrator. Why is that necessary!? It’s installed on an empty drive.

ISWYDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xf-Lesrkuc

Oh god, didn’t you get enough of that song 20 years ago? Because I sure did. Must have heard it a hundred thousand times working in the mall back then. Never need to hear it again, much like Stairway.

From an era when we had radio stations. And popular music that was overplayed. And malls. I miss those things.

Malls still hang on here and there. The mall in Tucson is still a hip, happening place, just the way you remember malls being in the mid 90s. Or it was pre-covid anyway. I have no idea, now.

The mall here in Chandler was already having trouble keeping stores, and I imagine this year has been really hard on it. I imagine Fashion Square in Scottsdale is still doing okay.

It was relevant to the topic.

Maybe you want a less overplayed song instead?

Is that a rickroll? I’m not about to click and find out.

You know the rules, and so do I.

It’s not a fair competition because Never Gonna Give You Up started out as so much better than Drops of Jupiter that I’d have to hear it a thousand times more to get as sick of it, and I have not yet.

Drops of Jupiter never played a lot down here in Brazil, so I didn’t get the chance to come to hate it.

That doesn’t mean we never had songs that played so much that even 20 years later people are tired of them.

I figured it would be either that song or Whitney Houston’s I will Always Love You. I did that one in reverse. It was overplayed right away, and I couldn’t stand it, but was forced to listen to it over and over and over everywhere. And then a friend of mine said he really loved the movie, the Bodyguard mostly because of that song and how he really felt the love in that song. At this point the song had already been on the airwaves for a couple of years, but I kind of heard it with new ears, so to speak, as a sincere love song for the first time, and really started to like it after that.

Hey, any landing where you can clone yourself and rebuy your ship for a small insurance excess is a good landing.

Email from Frontier this morning says Horizons is now free.

Also looks like this is in the queue to be a free offering from the Epic Game Store.