ENCASED - Fallout-like RPG set in the 1970's..

What was wrong with it? I thought it was fine, albeit the guys tone was kind of odd. It got the story across and was quick.

On the other hand, I was quickly reminded why I never watch Splattercat’s videos.

For one, there are grammatical errors:

We were searching for immortality, but we’ve lost so many lives!

I’m pretty sure the “have” in the second clause shouldn’t be there.

A lot of other stuff sounds wrong to me, but I am not an English major, so probably can’t argue effectively.

Nope. It’s correct.

The voiceover and the subtitle are different. It happens more than once – the voice guy says “hospitality” (which is wrong) instead of “hospitably” (which is slightly awkward but not wrong). It certainly reads like it’s written by someone whose first language is not english, but I found the voice casting more troubling than the writing.

It is switching from one past tense (“we were searching”) to a different past tense (“we have lost”) in the same sentence. It needs a “since then” or something between the two. For instance:

“We were searching for immortality, but since then we’ve lost so many lives!”

Or, just get rid of the “we have”:

“We were searching for immortality, but lost so many lives!”

That was exactly my impression.

The streamer joked about this and was almost funny.

Yes, there is a suit of power armor you can find in the training area.

For the most part (there are a few exceptions) I really don’t trust Steam EA games that don’t have most/all of their storyline content. IMO, when you go EA, the bulk of the game content should be complete, EA should be about polishing, enhancements, maybe adding some side content. I’ve seen too many EA games launch and die - and they never added enough content to have a full game.

I’m with you there @Grifman. That’s why I don’t buy them EA games

Oh man do I got a game for you! You should totally check out Silent Storm. That will totally take care of that little itch of yours. Permanently.

Isn’t that a submarine game?

This exactly. It’s why I haven’t jumped on Gloomhaven Early Access, for example. I still have Early Access games that look to never really plan on leaving EA and that is very annoying. Never again, is my stance.

That’s evil, man.

And oh so true. Panzerkleins. <argh>

Panzerkleins. Panzerkleins. Panzerkleins.

So I guess I was the only one who liked the panzerkleins? I actually got to the end of the game, but the fight in the missile silo was such a clusterfuck that I gave up.

Is there any idea when this game will be done or is it one of those EA games that is years from completion?

That’s where I stopped too.

Panzerkleins were an interesting idea on paper. But the execution failed so hard that their introduction not only made everything interesting mechanically up to that point pointless, but also turned the game into a much less interesting war of attrition with far less interesting tactical options. It’s bringing guns into a knife fight, or tanks into an infantry game.

I didn’t make it that far. I think a lot of the hate revolves around how good the game was up to that point, then boom - mechanized infantry suits of doom. How f’ing sweet was that? So awesome.

Then you started playing with them and found out just how not awesome they were, and extended that not awesomeness to warping the entire game to the point of ruin.

Arise, thread!!

This is coming out of EA tomorrow.! It’s a game I pretty much know nothing about. But I’ve heard a bit of chatter about it so it’s on my radar at least.

Mortismal put out a short video where he sums it up as a pretty good AA RPG in the Fallout style. I suspect with it releasing so close to Pathfinder it will get shoved aside and many people will pass it by.

Watching the video I first thought, that looks good. I should get it. Then later on, wait, I think I already own it. And I do. So now I’m wondering why I uninstalled it. :P

I recently got Outer Worlds which scratched but didn’t really satisfy my Fallout itch. So I’m really curious what peoples thoughts are on the game.