Endless Space 2

Cool!

Does it say which luxury they want on that screen?

Thanks, @AntediluvianArk, @Scotch_Lufkin, and @Fifth_Fret. The thread has expanded greatly since my question. :)

Many players agree that this is more Endless Legend in Space than the real sequel to ES.

If that’s true, that’s probably good enough for me. I just want some meaningful combat choices to make and early on it’s kind of weak sauce. I haven’t played the game very long but I will say this, it’s a beautiful game. They sure know how to present stuff in an attractive manner.

I never played Endless Space, but I would certainly agree the designs of Endless Legend echo through the entirety of Endless Space 2.

I’m pretty sure it depends on the minor.[quote=“ridiculus, post:282, topic:77211”]
Many players agree that this is more Endless Legend in Space than the real sequel to ES.
[/quote]

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

I think it does - I think it may even be randomized each game. I just wondered where I found that info!

Actually, I think it is an excellent thing, because I like what I saw in Endless Legend, and don’t know Endless Space at all. But the title can shape some players’ expectations.

I was the lucky winner of @tomchick’s Patreon giveaway for Endless Space 2, so I’m gonna get to play it now instead of waiting until 2020 when it hits a Steam sale or bundle! Thanks, Tom!

I hate this rigged RNG system…;(

I wonder if Tom has thought about selling loot crates?

You have surely meant “rigid”. ;)

P.S. I was the lucky winner for Endless Legend several months ago.

Endless Legend was good. Endless Space was bad. So this is a good thing.

Christ! It would be nice if the RNG would give me a break and not put the Cravers right next door just once so I could experience some other aspects of the game! Time to disable them on my next map. :)

My #1 question is this: does enemy production allow for a firehose of identical max-size fleets to be blasted at you every turn so to take over a star system you need to run 20 identical combats? This ruined whatever enjoyment I could take from the original game. AI is a minor consideration compared to production balance.

If anyone is interested, I put together a 3 part video series of me (trying to) explain(ing) the game. Well, I do my best at any rate. :)

(part 3 is processing now, after I get back from lunch I’ll have it up, and it features some combat for those wondering about that aspect)

Nice videos. I only watched most of Part 1, but hope to get to the others later. Great job explaining the game.

I’m enjoying it so far.

As usual, though I want more hotkeys! Is there a hotkey for “select next ship” or “select next system”, for example? A hotkey for “select home system”? And I’d really like a hotkey for “left mouseclick” and “right mouseclick.” I can get that with Autohotkeys, but in full-screen mode, ES2 doesn’t always recognize autohotkey key presses, and switching to windowed full screen messes up my screen resolution. Maybe I’ll try mousekeys.

I know most people don’t care, but I need to minimize moving and clicking the mouse to preserve my aging hands. For whatever reason, key-presses bother me a lot less than mouse move/clicking.

There is a new patch. Patch notes here:

Has anyone found explanations of what the different planet characteristics affect?

I’d guess the main purpose of type (terran, ocean, etc) is to determine if it is colonizable.
It seems like climate adjusts what resources are produced, because hot says it is better for industry.
Biodiversity seems to reflect how plentiful food and dust are. As food goes up, dust goes down.

Is this explained anywhere?

If you hover over the planet(I think) in the system management screen, there is a panel that tells you the effects of the planet type. There are also improvements that give bonuses depending on different aspects of the planet type.

And yes, it seems that the base planet stats are determined by the type.