Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

@HUMBY50 This just popped up on YouTube: https://youtu.be/HbAc2Tl_3JQ

Edit: Okay, I love this guy.

Love it! That guy’s really talented and apparently has great taste in game music!

Also, Zelda and Portal. I know the joke got driven into the ground but the ending to Portal at the time was amazing. I can see how i mightn’t feel that way if i’d seen all the meme-ing first though.

Voting for Group U will remain open for a couple more hours, but here’s

Group V

Featuring nominations from @soondifferent, @belisarius118, @craigm, and @Shimarenda.

(The MI2 nomination is just the intro theme, which runs until 2:15)

Can Monkey Island be narrowed down a bit?

edit, ah I see. Never mind.

Yes, sorry, it’s just the first 2:15

Portal and Street Fighter IV

Group V: God of War, Morrowind

Today I learned that I wasn’t paying enough attention to the nominations and ended up letting my two favorite Freedom Fighters tracks slip through the cracks. I thought the track nominated was March of the Empire, and I furthermore confused the Main Title with MotE. Not sure I could’ve gotten that any more backwards if I’d tried, and my unused fourth nomination weeps.

That said, God of War and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Morrowwind and Monkey Island

Monkey of War

Freedom Fighters and Morrowind – I’m sure I’d pick the latter even without the nostalgia of stepping off that boat into the village and seeing an Elder Scrolls world in full 3D for the first time.

Psh, as if I could do anything but vote for

God of War - "Raw Dog"
and
The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - "Caprice 15"

in this round. Not exactly Dream Theater’s best work, but sadly, no game has sampled “Change of Seasons” or “Pull Me Under” just yet. . .

No, far from it actually.

But it was the last song recorded with Mike Portnoy on drums, ever. Which still makes me sad, even nearly 8 years later. A man certainly in contention for the greatest drummer of all time.

Morrowind and Monkey Island 2

Monkey Island and Morrowind.

Group U Results:

Portal: 19
Zelda LttP: 14
Xenoblade Chronicles: 12
Street Fighter IV: 3

Morrowwind and Monkey Island

Hmm, God of War and Morrowind

Monkey Island is fun, and I won’t be sad if it advances either.

Monkey Island 2
Morrowind

God the flashbacks from the Morrowind track, goosebumps included. Seriously the music they put out for their games matched the experience of the grandeur and landscapes so damned well.

The first theme from seeing a dragon in Skyrim comes to mind. You’ve got this amazing battle with a dragon actually going on in a game, fire raining down, people running and yelling, the ‘swoosh’ sound of a beast flying around you and this theme playing, just amping you up the entire time. And then the fade out after you kill a dragon and things slowly resume to normal. I was in awe after that first experience.

These are my votes as well.