Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

It does feel a lot quieter without the written votes, but the total number of votes hasn’t really dropped off, so people don’t seem to be overlooking the matches.

Everyone is definitely still encouraged to comment on the matches in addition to voting in the poll. If a few people do that every day, that should keep it visible.

I’m happy to tweak the logistics however you all would prefer – anyone else with thoughts on it please weigh in.

Anyway, Baldur’s Gate and Max Anarchy advance from yesterday’s matches.

Noooo! Another bleepblop bites the dust! Why oh why!

That’s the only thing I can contribute.

Match 9:

• Streets of Rage 2
  • Gabriel Knight

0 voters

Match 10:

• Katamari Damacy
  • Mass Effect

0 voters

I couldn’t resist the stomp and pomp of the Max Anarchy song I’m afraid! And I like the oedo tune too!

I’m more surprised last round that Baldur’s Gate beat out Redemption because despite listening to that piece numerous times it just does so little for me. Like, I can’t remember it seconds after it finishes. And seeing it go through while those Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tracks stumble and fall is a shame!

I’ve not been quite as active on the forums in general because some changes in the last couple of weeks at work have meant I can’t post nearly as much as often unfortunately.

That Vigil track is beautiful but it’s tough up against the effervescent madness of Katamari Damacy. I love the happy house feel good vibes of Dreamer.

I confess I may have tossed a coin between Streets of Rage 2 and Gabriel Knight…

@Thraeg if you could swap Mass Effect with Gabriel Knight so I could vote for ME and Katamari, that’d be great…

Yes please!

Aw, man. I have very fond memories of the Gabriel Knight theme, but Streets of Rage (which I’d never heard before it came up in this thread) is amazing chiptunes and we need some of those to go through.

Also:

Mass Effect, Shmass Effect.

… only if they are actually better than the songs they are up against! ;-)

That may be one of the best FM Synth tunes ever created, so it deserves to go through.

That Katamari Damacy tune is a monster.

I wonder if it could win it all!

So, on the question brought up earlier, if I had to take bets I’d rank these as favorites, in order

Baba Yetu (the probable favorite for our corner)
Portal (I think whoever called us too ‘hipster’ has it right though)
Some Amiga thing, since there is a certain block, particularly brits, who are more consistently going to vote any Amiga chiptune. They seem more organized, or perhaps more vocal, than any other group
Nintendo
Final Fantasy

The last two are not games, but rather developers who have multiple entrants and a long history of classic tunes. I’d give it at least 50% odds one of the above takes the whole thing. Now I, personally, have another one in mind, but I don’t know that I could rightly call it a favorite.

Some of them are Commodore 64 things.

– the unbearable pedant

I mean Blind Guardian from Sacred 2 already lost so it’s not like whoever “wins” in the end is legitimate or anything, anyway

Fixed that for ya!!

FYI I laugh every time you bring up the Amiga thing.

But yes, we’re here and we’re organised. Join us. Paula welcomes you.

I vote for Amiga too (as evidenced by my avatar), but I’m not British!

I would like nothing more than to see BLEEPY BLOOPIES go up against German Power Metal in the finale, @Gordon_Cameron!

I like bleepy bloops. Look, from my FB memories from a year ago, today!

I feel there’s a movie in there somewhere…