Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Go get your free Gloomhaven this week, folks!

That’s a hell of a nice giveaway and I’d like to thank all the parents who bought all their kids the polka dot moonboots or pink bunny ears or whatever the fuck.

Since they added no-build mode, Fortnite is funded by Boomers trying to unlock Darth Vader. The kids are asking their parents for Robux.

If you’re like me, you’ve forgotten to claim this week’s free games, and it’s the last day.

Get it! Darkwood and Toe Jam & Earl Back in the Game.

Again, if you’re like me, this is the last day to pick the free games.

Evoland and Fallout 3.

Very weird.

I received an alert inside Epic Games Launcher to install GOG Galaxy.

Ah, did tencent buy another storefront?

You’ve been able to link GOG and Epic accounts for a while now and have the games show up in either app (and launch from there, too). I assume this is just going down that path more.

Eurogamer recommends Saturnalia.

It’s one of the two free games that’s on Epic Game Store right now.

(The other is Warhammer Mechanicus.)

That looks incredibly intriguing.

This is fun game!

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/rising-storm-2-vietnam

I was like, cool nice to ha e that on another service, but then I realized that it already was free before.

It appears Ubisoft is prepping the move back to Steam. Lots of SteamDB updates for stuff like Assassin’s Creed Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla as well as other titles.

Ubisoft’s last Steam release was Trials Rising back on February 26, 2019, nearly four years ago.

Interestingly, the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Mirage is listed for a PC release, but it only has an Epic Games Store page and not a Steam one. It’s possible that Ubisoft is continuing its relationship with Epic Games and Steam.

I don’t even know.

We may not know, but we approve! It’s funny.

I’m disappointed with Epic, four years already with the app, and it’s still pretty bad.

I counted a full 27 seconds wait to show my library with the thumbnails.

I’m installing a game right now, and while it has a nifty download panel with graphs, it doesn’t have basic info like estimated time until the download is done.

Small detail, but I’d like to have the installed or ‘installing’ games on top of the list of owned games, without having to use the ‘installed only’ filter. And applying filters is laggy, again the library page has performance problems.

The game I am installing is Hitman 3, as I have the intention of playing the H2 DLC I had pending. Well, I noticed what it seemed a button for the dlc (10 complements)

…but no, it isn’t a button. There is no way to see what dlc you own, if you click explore complements, you go to the store and I don’t see any icon or whatever showing what you have already, you have to click on each one!

Yep. Same slow & limited-feature shitshow as ever.

It sucks because I wish they had taken the opportunity to actually become a true competitor and provided more good choices for the consumer. Instead, they’ve provided a lot of free games, which is great and all, but it doesn’t feel like they’re serious about providing a good alternative store.

It really still does not hold a candle to steam.

The Epic Store runs like such complete dogshit I now use a browser to grab the free games. The user experience is night and day.