Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Who knows what they’re up to!

I love it when governments have social credits and facial recognition tech everywhere, so they can monitor their citizens’ every action and subtract points when they do something ‘rebellious’ and deny them even more basic rights.

Enjoy your money piles Julian.

Hope Phoenix Point does really well with the Fortnite crowd. I’ll begin my refund and revisit when GOG is an option again.

Phoenix Point wouldn’t have even been an option or a reality to sell out to Epic without us early backers.

Did I miss where they say it will be an EPIC store exclusive? Whats happening?

Yes. Used to be on Steam and GOG, now Epic exclusive for a year.

Phoenix Point Refund Request Link here:

Yeah. what is going on?

As mentioned above since I posted, and in the video, and found here:

Ok then… Outrage resumed. ;)

So, they crowd-funded the game, then sold the exclusivity to Epic?

Not great bob

Yeah, that is a pretty shitty thing to do to people who already bought your game, so you can get more money from Epic.

Customers get less features for the same price.

I will never understand the epic store hate.

What features? I guess cloud saves?

I will never understand the ignorance of people like you

and you? (unless that is sarcasm, which it does read like)

That was unnecessarily hostile.

That was a bit hostile and uncalled for.

I don’t understand the hate for the Epic store either. With that said, if during the crowd funding they said it would be available on Steam, and then later on after people put money in they changed to Epic exclusive then I get the outrage.

This, I get. Fine. You wanted it on one thing and that changed. That’s fine.

What does steam have that epic doesn’t to justify your undying devotion? Pretty much just cloud saves, right? And I guess achievements, if you care about them.

Was that particular game going to use some of the more unusual steam advantages, like its built-in controller support or steam workshop or something? Missing steam workshop, I could see getting upset over that in a heavily moddable game.

My library of hundreds of games and a consumer focused product with a myriad of features and consumer friendly pricing/sales