Erannorth Reborn

I haven’t bought , but one of those sets looked really nice.

Thanks, you’re right about the workshop. The top two most subscribed mods (improved card text layout and alternate art) look like they go a long way. The alt art is still more generic than I’d like but it gives me hope. I’m turning the knob from “reluctant pass” to “pick up on sale”.

You’re in luck, it’s on sale!

I’m hoping someone chimes in whether the DLC is important to pick up.

Unfortunately, I got it all immediately and so I have no idea what is or isn’t DLC stuff.

I began playing this game yesterday and is still learning things. Casual gauntlet seems to be fairly easy, but once I’m on normal I start to have trouble with the bosses. My debuffs/status effects just don’t affect them because my “potential” is too low (which seems to be determined by card level+char level). How do people normally handle this? grind until a certain level?

There are also perks that give certain types of effect more strength.

Welcome to the forum! Well, since most of your “debuffs” won’t work on bosses, that’s where other skills and effects shine (and DPS becomes more important). So you want to bring a deck into a boss fight that doesn’t depend heavily on debuffs, or maybe one that can “boost” levels in your cards to make those debuffs work on the boss. Or, perhaps, one that can use the boss’s “minions” against them.

Yeah, debuffs are hard to pull off against boss types, and you need to plan around that. You also have to worry about stuff like undead immunities and the like. The game encourages you to hit plan A pretty hard, but to also have a robust plan B.

Bought this in the Steam sale. At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to keep it or refund it, but I’m in now. I have at least kind of got the hang of getting through the battles (finished a casual, part way through a normal run).

The thing I’m still not figuring out is what the meta-progression is. Am I supposed to take the same character on multiple runs? Is “adventure” the real game? How should I be playing this and what am I trying to unlock? Are there goals beyond just beating the increasingly difficult game modes?

There are LOTS of things to unlock. Like, so much stuff. And even after you unlock things, there’s multiple modes (including adventure) and lots of different things to see. Some of the more advanced challenges require you to configure your deck accordingly and whatnot. There’s a lot of depth and options in the game, and most people won’t see even a small fraction of everything… which is my case, I guess. ;)

I just picked it up too, largely because it’s gotten a ton of support (art and UI overhauls, engine and quality of life stuff, balance, etc).

Is Erannorth Chronicles an improvement in every way over this or is there value to playing both of them? I have Reborn, but may buy Chronicles and start there if it really makes for an improved experience.

Not sure, but chronicles is half price

Hey thanks. I had purchased it for $17 so I just put in a refund so I can buy it for the current sale.

Holy crap Erannorth Chronicles is confusing. I figured, “I’ve played a lot of deck building games, I can muddle my way through.” Nope. Started a character, explored the easiest location, died in first encounter. Repeat 2 more times. Playing on normal (one up from easiest) difficulty.

Is there a straight forward way to learn this game?

Me too! It’s $9.99.

Funny you say that. I tried the game and found it extremely difficult to understand. And when I asked questions the dev and other posters obviously thought I was being really dense. Made me think that my brain did not get along well with that genre.

Yes, Erannorth Chronicles is an improvement in every way – supplanting Reborn now that gauntlet modes are once again one of the main challenge types.

I don’t play sandbox much, mostly running a quick challenge with a random character – although, due to the very, very, very large possibility space of character builds the random generator is often… suboptimal. This means games can be very short with when you get a (arguably) non-viable build. This happens about 20% of the time for me (but it could be, I don’t know how to play some of the builds). The randomization is nice, since it forces me to try out builds I might otherwise avoid.

The… problematic… art of Reborn is no longer an issue in Chronicles (although, I still like playing with the New World graphics overhaul in the steam workshop for more MTG-card-like graphics instead of the new cartoon-y style).

Also, there are official workshop modules that provide extra classes and backgrounds (Rs Heros and Villains).

Definitely worth the $10.00 for me (and the DLC is good as well).

Thanks for the feedback!

Finally got around to trying Chronicles and my goodness, information overload once again but there’s some really cool improvements over Reborn that I noticed already, including things like Perks offering you the ability to get specific cards and equipment, and easier access to important information.

I played an acolyte of the death goddess and buzzsawed my way through the Quest gauntlet mode with an army of stronger and stronger skeletal minions, pulling suitably janky shit like attacking with a minion that’s about to run out of lifespan and then sacrificing them to buff everyone else’s attack. Much fun.