Evergreen container transport stuck on the suez canal blocking 12% of all world commerce

Read on the interwebs: “It’s blocking so much useful stuff I heard they’re thinking of renaming it McConnell.”

Costing 100 million per hour…

Ship captain: ‘I’m really sorry!’

It reminds me of this Cautionary Tale

This whole thing feels like 2020 trying to stick around to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/africa/suez-canal-ship-refloat-attempt-intl/index.html

There are livestock ships in that bunch.

The EU director of NGO Animals International Gabriel Paun warned that thousands of animals being transported on 13 vessels – mostly Romanian – could be at risk of dying if the situation is not resolved in the next few days.
More ships carrying livestock are currently approaching the Suez Canal, Paun said.
“We are sitting in front of a major tragedy if the channel is not released in the next 24 hours because there are vessels that will run out of [livestock] food and water in the next two days,” Paun said.

You can’t cut canal funding! You will regret it!

Pretty sure that’s a reference to Up.

Is my idea of putting loads of inflatable booms under the ship stupid?

Ship weighs like 200,000 tons and draws about 15 meters in the water. The canal is only about 25 meters dep at its deepest point. Those would be some crazy booms. And you’d need to get the booms beneath the bow, which basically has no room beneath it… because it’s beached.

I think that’s the backup plan after they try cutting it in half with the Jewish space laser, first.

I mean, really where are those Jewish space lasers when you need them?

Certainly you wouldn’t be able to get them under the bow initially without tunneling, but you could try to incrementally raise the ship from where you could get underneath, inching your way towards the front until it was freed enough to tug out.

If you can’t handle it I’ll get someone in here who can!

Fill it with ping pong balls?

Well it’s either that or Musk hooks rockets up to it.

But not until after saying the ship’s captain is a pedo.

In space

Speed kills global commerce

The Ever Given container ship was reportedly travelling faster than Suez Canal speed limit before running aground

I’m lying awake wondering why “Ever Given” keeps being used when the boat clearly has huge letters on the side that read EVERGREEN.