Everspace 2

Both.

I mean, come on.

But if you have, have, HAVE to choose one, as ridic as that is, it depends on entirely what you want. If you want more Freespace/Privateer-style dogfighting, RGO. If you’re looking for something more akin to Freelancer, Everspace 2.

So, I’ll volunteer to ask the dumb question - what is the difference between these two? I’ve never played any of the games you’ve mentioned as examples of gameplay.

Hmm. RGO has several systems broken up by jump gates, has a more controller-based flight system and is more akin to flying in a blue collar universe.

Everspace 2 is one ginormous map that you warp around in focused on a mouse and keyboard system in a more…erm…futurey universe? Oh and it has planet stuff too. In RGO you just land on planets, here you can fly around some of them.

Thanks!

From what little gameplay I’ve watched, it looks like dual joysticks could theoretically work very well.

Joystick implementation in the first game was bad though. Every time I moved the joystick around, the game would register max input. It was as if the stick had spiky pots (which it did not). Precise aiming was impossible.

The early demo for ES2 exhibited exactly the same problem. Can anyone confirm if it’s been fixed?

As I mentioned upthread, I think they could use a linearity slider, for pretty much this reason

Happy to help.

Gamepad support is fine for me - especially since the guns are tracking quite a bit instead of having to have the enemies lined up exactly in the sigths.

This is really good - I am just a bit leery of playing, since I don’t know how much content is there right now, with it having to be in Early Access for the next 12-18 years.

Anyways- REALLY fun, and really interesting as well! Not at all what I expected.

The EA blurb said it has the first 12 hours of campaign and a total of 25 hours of scripted content if you include side stuff.

Thanks!

This is really a conundrum for me. I really enjoyed it, but burning out before the actual game is finished? I am beginning to come around to Tom’s way of thinking on Early Access games.

No VR before 2022 and maybe not even then according to the devs on their steam forum

Well I picked this up and it crashed during the training (D3D error). Hopefully just a fluke.

Picked it up and played it this lunch.

Gameplay seems solid with great loot! major downside is the story. I mean its terrible. They should of skipped the whole thing and just made diablo in space. Instead you get to listen to cliched and hackey voice acting /plot. You know the deal, gruff spacers all with laryngitis sounding gravely voices.

gameplay seems good though which is the important thing!

You should have heard it with text-to-speech

download (32)

That sounds utterly terrifying!!! :)

It would certainly make you appreciate the voice acting more 🤣

The question is which has the worse campaign voices? This, or Starpoint Gemini 3?

Love that red dwarf episode

Me too! “They are from Bulgaria, they have very simple tastes” :)

Starpoint Gemini 3. It’s a worse game on every level, and I say that being HUGE fans of LGM. They should’ve built on Warlords. That was their best effort.