Everything (the game)

Couldnt find an existing thread.

Anyway today it casually dropped the best game video ever. No seriously. I will buy the game by way of a tip for the video. Its like the game was made for some Alan Watts monologues. Bravo, bravo.

Looks interesting, thanks for posting! So it comes out on PC in April.

I watched the whole thing, mostly because I enjoyed the speaker, but I still have no idea what the game is. The visuals, with the rolling animals, made me not really care.

What is it?

OMG I can’t stand Alan Watts. And the game looks awful.

That was amazing. I may just pick up a used PS4 for this. Well, this and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Honestly, not to beat a dead horse, but what exactly was amazing?

Everything.

I think I’ve had my fill of bear games already, with Epic Dumpster Bear.

After a little research, I discovered, that that video is truly a gameplay trailer. Meaning that that lecture is actually what plays at you during the game.

Everything is an interactive experience where everything you see is a thing you can be, from animals to planets to galaxies and beyond. Travel between outer and inner space, and explore a vast, interconnected universe of things without enforced goals, scores, or tasks to complete. Everything is a procedural, AI-driven simulation of the systems of nature, seen from the points of view of everything in the Universe.

Learn to change what you are to create worlds within worlds within worlds, or let go any time to allow Everything to take over and produce a never ending documentary about the world you live in.

Narrated by the inspiring philosophy of Alan Watts, and featuring a rich score from composer Ben Lukas Boysen, Everything will give you a new perspective on life.

So it’s like Spore, but without any game at all in it?

Why do the bears roll around? Placeholder animation?

I assume the animations are final. I assume this is a game like Noby Noby Boy. I wouldn’t be expecting a world simulator here, just an art game / software toy that covers a mini universe with narration.

I think thats just fantastic , but obviously tastes vary.

This looks interesting, but I don’t think I can handle the somersaulting bears. It’s too jarringly stupid.

I get the idea we actually just watched most of what the game has to offer. Like a movie trailer that gives away everything.

Alan Watts is awesome lol.

So, we’ll just put you all down in opposition to Everything.

I thought the rolling bears were dumb too, but by the end of the trailer I thought the whole thing was really beautiful and that the rolling is just kind of funny instead of distracting. It’s obviously meant to be light hearted. You guys are so serious! Geez! Can’t you see what they’re trying to do here? It’s an artsy type of game. Not REALISTIC GIRAFFE WALKING SIMULATOR 2.0.

Yeah but the bugs looked normal…

That’s a bug.

It’s certainly an interesting idea and I’m glad these kinds of experiences exist, but I’m not sure how much I’d get from this. The animation was a bit wtf at first, but this seems to have more in common with the whimsy of Katamari than, I dunno, the sterility of a simulator, so I found it quite endearing towards the end. I’m curious.