Evil CBS tv show

Awwww, that scene was my favorite part of the entire season. I loved how bored and put out the chaos-cow was. In a better world, that scene would be the start of a cross over event between the Evil and Sabrina universes.

Yep its stuff like that at the end that ruins the show for me.

Pretty sure this week’s episode is the season finale.

Sure seems that way, since they didn’t have a preview for the next episode and they left it on a cliffhanger. Do we know if there’s a Season 2 on the way?

The show is a guilty pleasure. I only watch it for the principal actors’ performances, because the writing is pretty dumb.

I have to say I did not see that twist/cliffhanger coming. Sorta want to see what happens in season 2 now.

D:

I just finished Season 1 episode 4 on Netflix. I like everything about the show except for the monster-of-the-week plotlines for episodes 3 (the main story) and 4 (a sub story). Both 3 & 4 have stories features “demonic” technical gadgetry and it just kills kills kills the vibe of the show for me. Leave that angle out and focus more on people doing twisted shit for dubious reasons, that’s when the show is at its best. Man oh man nothing conflicts harder for me than seeing demons fooling around with cutting edge technology.

The beginning of Episode 5 is off to a very strong start, with the evil mental consultant screwing around with Kristen Bouchard’s mother after giving her date the hiccups. Hopefully the rest of the episode goes swimmingly, much like certain memorable parts of episode 4.

At the moment the weakest character is the star of the show, but she’s been surrounded by winners and I was pleasantly surprised to see Clark Johnson (Homicide: Life on the Streets & The Wire) show up as a priest. I don’t get to see him in as much stuff as I’d like.

We quite liked it overall, though it’s certainly not much elevated over other network fare and there are occasionally baffling choices. I didn’t really find it particularly creepy other than the hospital episode. Michael Emerson is always great and I like the other leads as well.

I just came home from 2 1/2 weeks in rehab (for a small stroke) and this show was one of the things that saw me through it (along with finally learning to play chess ) :).

Emerson is fantastic.

Well that sounds terrifying. Glad it was just a “small” stroke. Welcome back.

As for me, I made it as far as the 50% of the exorcism episode and tapped out. The show had a great cast, but it wasn’t for me.

Thanks. A lot of hard work but I’m almost back to “normal”. Speech is still off when I’m tired, and I’m walking slowly, but at least it’s under my own power.

I’ve been in the hospital under heavy pain killers, and that episode hit a little too close to home. Once after surgery, and under the influence of too much morphine, I hallucinated that I was being held captive on some sort of space vessels, and the medical staff was an alien crew performing experiments on me. I pulled out all of my tubes and they found me whimpering in a corner of the room.

Season 2 promo from late last year, you can tell the budget was cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNM05rbCas&feature=emb_logo

Will still keep watching. :)

LOL that was fantastic.

I’ll admit I have only a passing interest in the show and haven’t seen a single episode, but that was absolutely brilliant and has increased the odds I might give it a go dramatically, lol.

OK. The goat-headed psychiatrist was a bit too much.

Sigh. Well, if it’s on Paramount+ that dramatically decreases the chance the second season will come to Netflix, which is where I watched it. And I’m definitely not signing up for Paramount+. So, good job?

S2 dropped today (the first episode, anyway). I figure I can treat Paramount+ the way I did CBS all access - sign up and drop as shows come and go.

Paramount+ is 99 cents on Amazon for the next 2 months.