Ewan McGregor may have signed to play Obi Wan again

I read an article about how gen Zers appreciate the prequels. They probably like The Matrix Resurrections too. Philistines.

Show me exactly where on this JarJar doll that uncle George hurt you

Nitpicky I know, but shouldn’t Obi Wan be grayer? Ewan is a bit older than me and I’ve sure as hell got some gray.

Looks good, but how good of a Jedi hunter is Reva if she can’t find a well know hermit still using the name Kenobi and one of two twins who is like super powerful in the force…while talking to his uncle? I’ll handwave it away, but that’s one of the most bugging things from the Prequals.

Spoliered for stuff that is in the article but still don’t want to spoil for those trying to be super surprised.

Er, not everyone goes gray or does so at the same time…?

Thank you Scotch, that’s very informative.

Anytime! Hit me up for more common sense facts everyone should know! :)

Sometimes those recast characters look great until suddenly the years catch up to them.

There’s also the fact that, generally, people age differently now versus 40 years ago. One of the most striking examples was this:

When Golden Girls came out the series leads ranged from 51-62 at the time. The leads from Sex in the City currently range from 56-66 currently.

Here are (as best I can) pictures of them at those ages

Like 50-60 is now, collectively, viewed as ‘younger’ today than it was in the 80’s

They didn’t have botox in the 80s.

I think it has to do with smoking and lifestyle choices. Sure Botox, but Botox only helps so much.

Most people I know my age look way better than people my age did when I was a kid. None of them are getting Botox. They just don’t smoke and avoid the sun.

Agreed. Like to keep it within people I know well, my mother and my grandmother. My mother is in the same age range as the two examples above. My grandmother was in that range in the 90’s (born a decade after the Golden Girls cast). Neither ever had botox or any cosmetic procedures.

And yet simple environmental and lifestyle changes mean my mother has aged more like the Sarah Jessica Parker side (hair color, skin tone, wrinkles, etc), while my grandmother was definitely aging more like the Rue McClanahan side of things.

Part of it is also hairstyle and fashion. There is definitely more of a mentality, in both outer and inner focus, that 50/60 are still very active and vibrant ages that focus more on a full life rather than the AARP vision of life.

Oh hey look, now there’s a teaser!

Grand Inqhisitor, Fifth Brother, and the new Inquisitor Reva look good. Yay Joel Edgerton is back. And the tone?

I am all on board this train.

Can’t wait for the first time in live-action to see an Inquisitor use their lightsaber like a helicopter to fly away.

swaswaswaswaswaswa

rip Microsoft Sam

Dude…that looks pretty awesome.

Friggin’ cheating with Duel of the Fates. That music can make an Adam Sandler movie trailer epic.