Failing Trump administration. Sad!

I certainly hope you’re right. It’s a terrible issue for humanity itself! It would be a relief to finally see some consequences for their abuses of power.

The GOP is very good at gaslighting, which is 100% what he was doing.

This. When November rolls around, any GOP candidate running for any office who is associated in any way with Trump is going to see his opponent running commercials with pictures of crying kids in cages. It’s pretty difficult to continue to be the party of family values and God’s love for children when you’re ripping kids from their parents arms and tossing them in dog crates. Smart Dems will exploit the shit out of that come midterms.

GotV is the ONLY way to fight what is happening in our country. We need every Democrat, every Independent, and anyone else who has even a shred of a conscience and decency to get to the polls for midterms and again in 2020 and end this shit for good by sending an unmistakable message.

This is why I keep hammering on this, to the degree of annoyance probably. I’m technically a Democrat now, by registration, but this is more because the GOP has become so incredibly terrible and damaging.

Folks need to vote. Folks need to go beyond that, and get other folks to vote. It’s actually one of the things about gerrymandering… in a lot of cases, if you can actually push the voter turnout numbers up a bit, cracking tactics in gerrymandering backfire, and you can win even more seats. It can be overcome. Efforts to suppress voting can be overcome. It’s hard, and it’s bullshit that it needs to be overcome, but here we are.

In other news, 55% of GOP voters are ok with taking kids from their parents if they are filthy illegal immigrant vermin. That’s who 55% of the GOP is. Family values indeed.

Note the very bottom there, where it mentions he may have broken the law.

This seems appropriate:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1020691135763832832

Email interactions between EPA staffers first reported by Politico on Friday, showed that aides worried about the potential health effects of formaldehyde found in the desk. The fears they raised came just months before the EPA blocked the release of a report highlighting the dangers of formaldehyde exposure in drinking water.

Sweet irony.

Because if there is one thing Trump will not tolerate it’s monetizing your public service…

The only thing worse than a leaker is an informed opinion.

Ivanka is ending her fashion line so she can spend more time on her important White House job: doing fuck-all:

Of course the real reason the fashion line is ending is that sales have tanked: there have been stories for months about her stuff being remaindered, returned, rebranded as something else etc.

I mean, closing Ivanka’s fashion line is one way to hurt China’s economy I guess.

Born on third base, somehow gets tagged out.

July 16 was Helsinki press conference.

Three interesting states with primaries coming up.

fake news, lol

Another tweet from the same stream makes an interesting comparison. A non-trivial chunk of people who approve of Trump don’t think he should be re-elected:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/1022224998088540170

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/1022226026049536004

Someone set Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s 163-foot yacht adrift in northern Ohio on Sunday morning. The $40 million vessel was untied sometime Sunday morning, causing The Seaquest to hit another dock.

The collision caused roughly $5,000 to $10,000 in damages “from large scratches and scrapes,” according to the Toledo Blade. None of the crew aboard the ship were injured, according to reports, and police are reviewing security footage of the ship to find out who untied the yacht from its dock.