Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Another person who’s practically a criminal and moron. Great!

Consistency, thy name is Trump.

The best people.

Bright side? At least he’s not in the CFPB?

Why does he say “Acting Chief of Staff”? Is this a temporary appointment until he finds some other sucker to take the job permanently? The Boston Globe headline said “Mick Mulvaney will serve as Trump’s chief of staff on interim basis.” (I couldn’t read the actual article because paywall.) I mean, it seems like basically everyone appointed by Trump is serves on an interim basis, whether they realize it or not at the time.

I think it’s the White House accidentally acknowledging that he’s not really capable of doing the job, even though he’s been appointed to the job. Or maybe he’s still trying to convince Jared or Ivanka to step into the role. Or maybe they think he has to be Senate confirmed. All of these are entirely possible!

I’m not familiar with this crook. Can someone catch me up?

One thing he did was pay to play. He would not talk to you unless you donated money to him.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1073712482571567104?s=19

Mulvaney? He’s the budget director.

So - how many Mooches before Mulvaney flees?

Wait, what?

It this were a Tom Clancy novel, this would just be the cover for the next assignment of Reince Preibus, superspy!

Gross. This is for 2 reasons. Lobbying and future run for office.

Apparently this is a thing the Navy does. Preibus will train for two weeks and then be a naval reserve officer. Seems like a slap in the face to the people who go to Annapolis for four years to become Naval officers, but I guess it’s politics.

John Mulaney will be a great chief of staff

People don’t go to Annapolis to become Naval Reserve officers. They go to get their bachelor’s degree (required for officers) and then join active duty.

Preibus already has a degree, and two weeks a year is pretty typical for the reserves. Note also that directly commissioned officers don’t generally have to go through boot camp.

Haha. Mulvaney wanted a safe exit. Just the kind of thing that’ll kill this talk of no one wanting to be Cheif of Sraff.

So can anyone join the reserves? If I was in my 40s and had never served, would they have taken me? And all I do is two weeks a year? Do I get VA healthcare out of that?

I don’t think you need too many qualifications to become enlisted naval reserve. But that means going through the full boot camp.

For direct commissioned officers, I think it’s harder. You need a degree and some sort of professional training useful to the Navy. For instance, if you are a doctor, a lawyer, or a member of the clergy then there is probably a spot for you. I suspect they could find Preibus useful too.

I believe when you are inactive you do two weeks a year, plus a weekend a month. I’m not sure what the obligation is if you are called up for active duty.

Reservists may be eligible for some VA benefits, especially if they go on active duty. As you might expect, there is a complicated formula involved.

If you can become a reserve officer with only 2 weeks of initial naval officer training, then it’s a sham. An officer with only 2 weeks of training isn’t worth a warm bucket of spit to anyone, even the Navy.