Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Gen Honore was always straight talking, but he pulled no punches blasting Trump.

Secretary of the Interior Zinke was interviewed by the Heritage Foundation. He complained that he has 17 positions that cannot be filled until they are confirmed by the Senate, and of those 17, only three have been confirmed. He blamed “The Resistance” on preventing the other 14 positions from being filled.

What he didn’t say was that of those 14, four are waiting in the Senate to be confirmed, but the Senate’s priorities have not been on confirming positions. Nor did he say that so far he has neglected to nominate anyone for the remaining ten positions.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/914513241786732544

Not to mention say, Normandy, the Berlin Airlift, or the entire Pacific Campaign.

JFC

I guess Heather has a time machine. Or is the dumbest fuck to have ever lived.

Yglesias savage af.

Or in geezer terms, “My goodness. Mr. Yglesias certainly just exposed the flaw in the administration’s argument with a short few words, didn’t he? Harrumph.”

No kidding. Why aren’t massive military cargo planes just air-dropping pallets of supplies to remote areas? The island isn’t all that big.

Next contestant: Zinke

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interior-department-inspector-general-opens-investigation-into-secretary-ryan-zinkes-use-of-private-air-charters/2017/10/02/fc8d972e-a7a6-11e7-9a98-07140d2eed02_story.html

These two tweets cracked me up.

It’s actually super easy, because there’s ZERO water around it.

Water is the enemy of logistics.

Nice. All I’m seeing in that link is basically the headline repeated, though. Did you see more of an article?

“In April, the Trump Administration launched what it called the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) hotline, with a stated mission to “provide proactive, timely, adequate, and professional services to victims of crimes committed by removable aliens.” But internal logs of calls to VOICE obtained by Splinter show that hundreds of Americans seized on the hotline to lodge secret accusations against acquaintances, neighbors, or even their own family members, often to advance petty personal grievances.”

Not to Godwin or anything, but it sounds remarkably like what another organization encouraged people to do around 80 years ago in Germany.

It also reminds me of times past, such as fifty or sixty years ago in Red China, fifty or sixty years ago in Emphatically Not Red United States, and twenty or twenty-five years ago in Licky Boom Boom Down era Toronto.

Sounds like communist talk to me!

Page 2 of the Authoritarian Handbook. Commies did it, Nazis did it, Hussein did it…

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/915318146264858625

Sounds like Sexy Rexy will be out, maybe even this week. Frightening, because Trump will probably replace him with someone far more unreasonable and more pro Trump. But when is the last time you haven’t been frightened by this absolute shit show of an administration?

He won’t replace him with anyone.
You’ll just have no full Sec of State.

It’s gonna be just like homeland security… we don’t have a new head of it since Kelly left.

Apparently Nikki Haley and Tillerson are always at each other’s throats, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she replaces him…

Certainly Trump enjoys firing underlings. But people have been predicting that he would fire Mueller almost every week for the last few months. Therefore, I’ll believe he will actually fire Rex when he actually fires Rex.

(Though certainly Tillerson is in greater danger of being fired than anyone related to Trump by blood or marriage.)