Fall 2019 TV shows (returning and new)

Oh, I couldn’t agree more. And my daughter has been watching it with me since the pilot as she’s a huge fan of both The New Girl and How I Met Your Mother, and she’s been enjoying it as well. Fun to have a show to watch with the daughter, that’s pretty rare. :)

I erased the episode after watching so I couldnt go back and check but didnt she knock him around and smack him in the face with a shotgun? If so he looked pretty good after all of that, if it was Grey

Have you heard of Bob Hearts Abishola? I’d take an awkward compound word over that nonsense any day. Going just of the names here, not the content of the shows themselves.

Speaking of Stumptown, they occasionally do exterior shots that are in fact shot in Portland. The opening one of the first episode showed Dex’s car being driven under the Burnside Bridge overpass on Naito Parkway (formerly Front Ave.) and around the 37:50 mark of the same episode we see the Nite Hawk (a bar with a distinctive sign) and my local New Seasons Market (a local trendy grocery chain) on N Interstate Avenue, less than a mile from my house in NoPo (aka North Portland). Got a kick out of that last one.

BTW car chassis, suspensions and bodies in this show, as in most, are ridiculously robust. I wonder how many early 90s Mustangs died in the filming of this episode.

Lol, my wife was like “no way that cat survived that jump.” But then, we know the cat seems to have as boy of magic in it, or something.

I enjoyed the 2nd episode of Stumptown a lot, except for one thing: in the first episode we were lead to believe we were listening to her mix-tape, but in the 2nd episode they made it so that the magic mixtape came with the car. I don’t know why that bothers me, but it maxes me like the main character less. I thought she just had nice taste in music, but it is someone else who had that taste in music originally, she only got it with the car.

No, we were not, you assumed it was hers. They never claimed it was. Not a big deal though, its just a running gag. Its purpose works just as well either way.

First new show to get a full season order:

Also:

First three eps of prodigal soon have been great. Surprised no one else has said anything about it.

It’s the name. It takes a lot of motivation to click on something called Prodigal Son without cringing or watching something else instead. :P

Its also on FOX which cancels or doesn’t keep , my favorite shows.

Orville (not on FOX anymore) , Human Target, Exorcist , Alcatraz

Yeah Prodigal Son has a nice Silence of the Lambs vibe going. Stumptown isnt anything special as far as plot but it is a fun show. In fact there are 4 new shows that Ive found interesting and all 4 are doing quite well. Those would be Prodigal Son, Stumptown, Evil and Emergence. Evil is the most uneven of the shows but I see promise in it and it’s good to see Mike Coulter in something new. Plus Michael Emerson as a bad guy is always a good thing. He does it well.

Yeah , EVIL is not that great, I actually fell asleep during the 2nd episode. :(

I caught the first ep in the middle and found it OK. The actress looked familiar and I found out she’s Dutch and that she was on Westworld.

And yeah, Michael Emerson can play it super creepy when he wants to*. Quite a contrast to his performance as Harold Finch on Person of Interest.

*Is it just me, though, or did they do some CGI post-processing to make him look extra creepy?

I thought the pilot was one of the worst I’d watched in years.

In Stumptown’s third episode, we get the always fantastic Donal Logue, and a fantasy sequence where Dex and his character are 1970s TV show detectives like Starsky and Hutch.

Yeah, great episode, and what an ending!

I miss Terriers.

Yeah, Stumptown’s 3rd episode was really great. At first I was a little miffed that there seemed to be only one mix-tape song in the episode, but then there’s two more songs from the mix-tape and they are deeee-licious. I might even forgive them for giving the mixtape a mysterious origin story.

Indeed

Terriers was so good! I even miss the bulldog Winston.