Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Bethesda just can’t help doubling down on stupid, can they? Jeezus.

The MMO veterans may not be the ones making this decision.

Yes, that’s “maybe Zenimax is messing with them”.

Lol…the hubris that keeps on …hubrising.

Now I just have to try this. Been waiting for the Steam version or a big price drop.

I just bought the Fallout76 PC box on Amazon for $16.00.

Every bit of Fallout 76 news chips away at my remaining enthusiasm for Elder Scrolls 6.

Private servers with only 7 people? I’m assuming that’s concurrent connections.
Any word if other players (beside the owner) get unlimited scrap storage?
ANd what about building caps? That should be increased or even removed for private servers, right?

This whole thing just reeks of being slapped together to grab $$ with little creative thought and practical, standard features. These private servers are merely virtual instance “copies” of their public servers without any of the awesome control and possibilities you have at your fingertips with a normal, dedicated game server.

Putting unlimited storage space behind a $100 subscription is such a douche move. Game journalists really need to nominate someone to have a confrontational Walker v Molyneux-style interview with Todd Howard, about all of the bullshit that has surrounded FO76. I was really annoyed when IGN got to ask him questions about it, and Ryan McCaffrey just lobbed up softballs and let Howard spin with absurd piffle like saying they knew it “wouldn’t be a Metacritic game” (?!)

Between the broken piece of crap the game was, reneging on the Atomic Shop only being for cosmetic items, the insane prices in said shop, the canvas bag saga, the helmet mold, the Nuka Dark saga, and now this craven attempt to extract more money out of whatever playbase the game still has – someone needs to hit Todd with some very hard questions about what exactly is going on over there.

It pissed me off when Howard made a “self-deprecating” joke about the reception to Fallout 76 at E3, and the whole audience just smiled and chuckled along, like it was just a fine piece of art that didn’t find an audience, and not the most cynical, busted pile of trash I’ve ever seen with a $60 price tag.

Looks like a website has finally been put up for Fallout 1st.

NSFW
NSFW

http://falloutfirst.com/

Pip Boy.

The storage space screw over is straight out of the Elder Scrolls Online playbook as noted elsewhere in this thread. They love to create these games with massive crafting systems and then force you to pay to make any use of them. Which would be fine maybe if the damn thing was free to play.

It went down, but you can catch the archive here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191024101229/http://falloutfirst.com/

Still NSFW obviously.

NSFW, but despite the typos, still pretty accurate.

Sounds to me like they’re about to pull the plug on the game. This seems like a desperate last minute idea, a “f— it, we’ll do it live” kinda thing.

classic

The Fallout 76 faithful are falling into the Star Citizen hermetically sealed logic bubble, where everything is fine, and anyone who says otherwise is just a hater who is not to be taken seriously.